Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFW: Eagles Pass Rush Issues

http://www.profootballweekly.com/201...ing-no-answers

Maybe, just maybe Brandon Graham isn't as bad as some on this board seem to think he is. Kid was getting all kinds of pressure and drawing double teams before the injury.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
      Maybe, just maybe Brandon Graham isn't as bad as some on this board seem to think he is. Kid was getting all kinds of pressure and drawing double teams before the injury.
      Regardless of what Grahm is he won't do us any good now. As for Parker, I find the article a bit strange as to he's supposed to be some kind of run stopper. That would certainly be a first for him, although he has been better at it this year. Here's my take on the defense-they collectively suck and the offense has to carry them for the team to win. They are capable of being adequate, but that's it
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

That was sort of my thought at the time. He wasn't getting to the QB but he was putting a time limit on how long they had. I didn't see today's game but since he went down it looks like the opposing QB often has all day back there. Cole may be wearing down too, given the constant double teams and the league rule where it is legal to hold/tackle/wrestle/bear hug him without drawing a flag.

Comment

Or maybe that guy has no idea what he's talking about. But 60 is right that Graham will not be back in full capacity until the season after next.

The team needs to go out and spend some damn money on the defense. But I doubt they will.
          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I would agree that they need to go back to the well and get another DE that can rush the passer in the offseason either via draft or free agency although Tapp has gotten better and better.

And... let me just add that Chris Clemons still sucks. I watched most of that game last night and the reason he has numbers is because he is on a shitty team and gets to play a lot more. He is really not that good against the run and is basically a speed guy that plays out of control.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
              Or maybe that guy has no idea what he's talking about. But 60 is right that Graham will not be back in full capacity until the season after next.

The team needs to go out and spend some damn money on the defense. But I doubt they will.

Get ready for "Victoer Abriami has rededicated himself. He has worked his ass off this off season and is in the best shape of his life".

Comment

The real issue is not so much the loss of Graham its exactly what the article has said,

Teams have gone to shorter passes and quicker counts, to counter the blitz and the pressure. The Eagles don't have the corners on the roster to counter that, which is to say corners who can play press coverage
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  The real issue is not so much the loss of Graham its exactly what the article has said,

Teams have gone to shorter passes and quicker counts, to counter the blitz and the pressure. The Eagles don't have the corners on the roster to counter that, which is to say corners who can play press coverage
                  Not to mention our QB drops back into another zip code to pass. Pressure up the middle kills him as he really can't see over them. We'll see a ton of heat again Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    Not to mention our QB drops back into another zip code to pass. Pressure up the middle kills him as he really can't see over them. We'll see a ton of heat again Sunday.
                    He's also finding out that in PA in the winter,there's an 8-12" frostline. when you get hit in the north the ground hits ya too. I've been hehawing around,but I really believe the Eagles would be making a mistake if they throw a bunch of money at this guy. He's getting beat up and teams are starting to passrush straight up field so he doesn't get those openings he saw earlier.Don't know if the answer is on the roster or not,Kolb was pretty bad on Sunday,though he wasn't given a bunch of help.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Playcalling has failed to adjust and the O-line sucks. Vick is absolutely the future of this team. If not him it's just go back into the draft crap shoot and hope we can find another QB. If Vick isn't the guy, this franchise is going to be at least 5 years away from sniffing a Super Bowl.

Pay the man his money and get some pass blockers up front and we can contend for the next 3 years while still looking for that next great QB in the draft.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Playcalling has failed to adjust and the O-line sucks. Vick is absolutely the future of this team. If not him it's just go back into the draft crap shoot and hope we can find another QB. If Vick isn't the guy, this franchise is going to be at least 5 years away from sniffing a Super Bowl.

Pay the man his money and get some pass blockers up front and we can contend for the next 3 years while still looking for that next great QB in the draft.
                        They are going to have to pay Vick, at least for next year. Kolb is certainly no answer for this team at QB with that popgun arm of his.

Comment

Working...
                        X