No announcement yet.

Off-season thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understandable. He's undersized and at risk for getting beat up,..2 concussions already. He's kind of a one trick opney(even tho it's one hell of a trick) if his quicks drop off, he'll be inefective. He's shown himself to be immature, and a diva. One thing I don't worry about is Desean pulling a Haynesworth once he cashes in. The kid loves the spotlight and wants to be a star....so he'll keep trying to earn that spotlight.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
      I'm still not convinced that I want to hand a big money contract to Desean Jackson.
      or Vick
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Are you guys kidding? Vick and Jackson are game changing players. You win football games with game changing players.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

defenses are rushing straight up field,hands up, deflecting passes,clogging sightlines,and escape routes. He got away with it early on and for 8 minutes in NY,but good teams led by good coaches have it figured.Just saying,thanks for what he's done.but longterm, I don't see it.
          Last edited by musicman; 01-04-2011, 12:13 PM.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Any thoughts on WR Blackman ? Where might he fall to ? I know we don't need a WR ,but Maclin,DJAx and Blackman would be at the least intriguing.I Know I would like to see a big,dominate WR out there on Sundays,ecspecially with the way WRs are being protected. Round 2 grab a DB,we need a big physical presence there as well IMO. From there,line depth on both sides.

Comment

First order of business is finding a real DC. Too bad we didn't grab Romeo Crennel last year, I really liked him as a DC and he's already got KC playing their way into the playoffs. 4-12 last year and a division winner this year. I'm giving 90% of the credit for that turn around to his defense. He took their 30th ranked 2009 D that gave up 26.5 points and 388 yards per game and turned them into the 14th best D this season averaging 330 yards and 20.4 points per game. (For comparison the Eagles ranked 12th with 327.2 yards and 23.6 points per game. In 2009 they also finished 12th with 321.1 yards and 21.1 points per game - which means statistically the Eagles were slightly worse this year than 2009. A year in which many - including me - gave SM a free pass because of being thrown into the DC spot following JJ's death.)

Anyway we need a new DC that can actually improve the team.

Like Fresh and stock I'm concerned about the secondary. I have a bad feeling that Ocho-psycho will end up in Dallas after the Bengals release him. I know they got burned with the TO experiment, but Jer-ah is nuts when it comes to talent regardless of the head that goes with it. A WR corps of 85, Bryant, & Austin is likely going to be too much for him to pass up. Our secondary is not going to be able to keep up with that group! Even if they don't bring in Chad O, we have secondary issues that need to be addressed. I'm still ok with the Eagles signing Fresh if for no other reason than enthusiasm!

I'm also worried that our LBs lack depth. I can see them moving Bradley to SAM and letting Chaney start at ML. That gets both of our best LBs on the field together but depth is a concern. Simms may be finished (heard mixed info on his recovery prospects) so we may have some depth issues there.

Center is another area we need to address. Jackson isn't durable enough and I'm not convinced Flynn is going to be anything special.The OLine as a whole needs major attention (here we go on another 5 years worth if first picks on the oline again!!!!)

Obviously I'm assuming they resign both Vick and Jackson to big contracts (not sure why you guys are still on the fence about that!) I also have to wonder if getting his head smashed into the ground half a dozen times last week made Kolb question why he wants to be a starter! I know I'd be looking at that paycheck and the lack of beatings and thinking the back up role is a good job!! Whatever we get for him, we have a lot of holes to fill. Can we trade Kolb to KC for Crennel? Now you're talking!!!
              Last edited by Jukin; 01-04-2011, 03:55 PM.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Bradley to SS? Are you hittin that whacky tobacky again????

But you are right about Kolb. He should be thanking his lucky stars he has gotten to get that nice paycheck, and avoid a season long asswhippin. With the way our line ahas played, he'd be dead or in a coma by now.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I think he means Bill Bradley.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Sorry obviously I meant SAM.... but for being so critical Fresh I'm withdrawing my support for you at CB. There! That'll teach you!!

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                      I think he means Bill Bradley.

Those would be cool retros to bring out for a game,including the tube socks

Comment

To me, a shut-down corner is need no. 1. Asante is still good, but not getting any younger. Other than Lindley, whom I like, we don't have much of potential starter caliber at CB. Don't know if this is addressed in the draft or FA, but it must be addressed. Both lines need to be beefed up too, although I though Flynn played OK at center for a back-up QB (sorry, couldn't resist). Help at safety is badly needed too, Allen or not, but you can find excellent safeties in the middle rounds.

Then you get to the tough questions on offense. I think the right move is to franchise Vick and keep KK. Take another year to make the decision, unless you get a really good return for KK and draft a high-end QB prospect. I worry about Vick's durability and am also nervous about handing him the keys ... still not sure I trust him further than I can throw him. Similarly, DJ is an incredible "toy", but is he a complete WR? Will he make the tough catches over the middle against a good secondary in the playoffs? One thing I know: if he hits FA after next year, he is gone - someone will give him a HUGE payday. If the Birds want to keep him, it's time to talk extension no later than middle of next season. He may even settle for a little less to gain certainty - the concussions have undoubtedly reminded him how fleeting an NFL career could be.
                        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

flyered I think the Eagles-DJ window is much smaller than that. Assuming there's a season next year I think they have to get a deal done before opening day if they expect to keep Jackson. He's all about the money and the closer he gets to seeing a HUGE payday in FA the more he'll be drawn to it. If they get into the season without having an extension for him I think he'll be counting the days to the SB and payday of his dreams. He'll put up big numbers next year, but he'll be all but gone as an Eagle. No way he gets that close to FA and walks away from it. He told TO on his show that he planned to set the record for a WR and raise the bar to help everyone. Since he was being pretty open with them, it's a pretty good insight into how he thinks.

Comment

If Jackson wants to be the highest paid,IMO he can't have 3 game totals of 6 rec for 77 yards,he can't have 5 games that read 4 rec 30 ,3 rec 19,2 rec for 24,1 rec for 34, 2 rec for 26 and 2 rec for 32. You can't take the better part of an entire game off with the national media pointing out that fact. You damn sure need to avg better than 75.4 YPG. Last but not least,you can't aligator arm passes down around the goaline.Yes he's exciting,but the team doesn't need HIM to put asses in the seats.

Comment

Working...
                            X