No announcement yet.

Let the verbal BJ of the Pack begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now convinced we have no chance. Some jackoff on ESPN could not stop gushing over the Packers. Even when the chick with him brought up the Eagles he went on and on about Mathews and Woodson etc over and over. You'd think the Birds were 2-14 going into this game. Hey asswipe F U

Comment

The packers might be our biggest task in the NFC but these guys are going on and on about them like they're the Patriots with camcorders.

Fuck these guys.

Comment

Mike Greenberg just said this morning that the Packers should host the game because they have the same record as the Eagles and beat them head to head. I guess Greenberg missed the fact that in week 17 when the Birds had a chance to go 11-5 they sat their starters while the Pack who HAD NOT earned the right to even be in the playoffs had to play their starters just to get in otherwise they would've gone 9-7.

This is what I'm talking about. The talking heads have to stir the pot. I agree, the Seahawks shouldn't be hosting a game at 7-9 but for Greenberg to pull that reasoning into the Birds-Packers matchup is ridiculous.

Merrill Hoge picked the Packers by the way.

Should we even show up Sunday?
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
          Thank Favre that Favre no longer plays for the Pack........
          Screw that, I would much rather play Favre than Rodgers. Reid has Brett's number. Plus I don't watch ESPN anymore anyways.
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Greenberg is a douchebag. He's getting into Peter King territory.

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
            Screw that, I would much rather play Favre than Rodgers. Reid has Brett's number. Plus I don't watch ESPN anymore anyways.

I think he means from the standpoint of the media being even more eager to blow the Pack.

Comment

I've pretty much completely stopped watching any type of National media so I couldn't care less about that aspect. Other than message boards, actual games and a few minutes a day of WIP I'm pretty much cut off from the sports media.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

If I was going to abstain from accessing media, I think WIP would be the first media outlet that I would cut.
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Since Merrill Hoge picked the Pack, the Birds will win in a blowout. That guy drives me nuts with a "seal here and a seal there". Give it up man!
                  Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    Mike Greenberg just said this morning that the Packers should host the game because they have the same record as the Eagles and beat them head to head. I guess Greenberg missed the fact that in week 17 when the Birds had a chance to go 11-5 they sat their starters while the Pack who HAD NOT earned the right to even be in the playoffs had to play their starters just to get in otherwise they would've gone 9-7.

This is what I'm talking about. The talking heads have to stir the pot. I agree, the Seahawks shouldn't be hosting a game at 7-9 but for Greenberg to pull that reasoning into the Birds-Packers matchup is ridiculous.

Merrill Hoge picked the Packers by the way.

Should we even show up Sunday?
                    I heard that Greenberg bit also and I think you are taking it out of context. He was making the point that there should be reseeding after the season before the POs--reason being all four games would be hosted in the other city. That is strictly based on the final record not some what if. He even said if there was reseeding the birds wouldn't have sat all their starters the last game because they would know the possibility of having to travel. I understand the point of reseeding but I also believe you win your div you should get the reward. Much like you can only play who is on your schedule you can only win the div you are in.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

I dont have an issue with the playoff seeding how it is currently constructed. If they were to try to reseed based on win/loss record, then they would have to also factor in strength of schedule and other such factors.....next thing you know the NFL starts looking like another college football fiasco. Leave it alone.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                        I dont have an issue with the playoff seeding how it is currently constructed. If they were to try to reseed based on win/loss record, then they would have to also factor in strength of schedule and other such factors.....next thing you know the NFL starts looking like another college football fiasco. Leave it alone.
                        I agree Fresh. I was never for that reseeding stuff in any way, shape or form.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post

FWIW, I wish Mike Greenberg would stop gargling so much seed.

Comment

The point I was making about Greenberg who actually I like. He and Golic have kept me from shooting myself lately because my daughter has been getting up at 5:30.

The thing that frustrated me about Greenberg was he didn't take the time to point out that the Eagles did in fact rest all their starters almost on Sunday while at the same time pointing out how all the teams wouldn't be resting their starters if they did the seeding like he proposed. I thought it was a misrepresentation of his own argument.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                              I also agree with FRESH. When Goodell starts sticking his hand in the cookie jar he never stops with just one cookie. I really would rather he keep his hands away from the jar period.
                              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                              X