Andrew Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Luck

If you watched the Orange Bowl last night, you couldn't help but be impressed with Andrew Luck. Wow! He has the size and all of the tools to be ready to play in the NFL immediately (with good coaching) - he makes quick decisions, makes snap throws that are delivered with authority, and possesses something that McNabb never really developed - "touch." He might end up (with his current coach, Harbaugh) in Denver and be like the second coming of John Elway, who is now in the Broncos front office.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
    If you watched the Orange Bowl last night, you couldn't help but be impressed with Andrew Luck. Wow! He has the size and all of the tools to be ready to play in the NFL immediately (with good coaching) - he makes quick decisions, makes snap throws that are delivered with authority, and possesses something that McNabb never really developed - "touch." He might end up (with his current coach, Harbaugh) in Denver and be like the second coming of John Elway, who is now in the Broncos front office.
    I think Carolina is more likely. Does Denver just pull the plug on Tebow? (I would)

It also looks like another QB will be out for hire next year-Kyle Orton.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I dunno, E60, is Carolina going to give up on Clausen, or are they going to trade out of #1?
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

If Jerry Richardson wants to bring some stability & put some fannies in the seats he should take the Stanford Cardinal Combo. He needs a Coach & a QB. Jim Harbaugh & Luck gives him one helluva step in the right direction. Luck IS the real deal & teaming him up with Harbaugh makes a ton of sense. It's gonna be costly but it's the cost of doing business.
        With the #1 pick Carolina selects Andrew Luck AND Jim Harbaugh.
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Luck is the best QB prospect I've seen since Peyton Manning. Dare I say, he might be even better because he appears to be an outstanding athlete.

If I were Carolina I'd pick Luck and hire Harbaugh and then focus on getting an OL in front of him so he doesn't get killed.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Was the McNabb potshot really necessary Stock?
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
              Was the McNabb potshot really necessary Stock?
              Old habits die hard, LD!

Comment

Stock, this situation could get real interesting. I recall in '83 when Elway refused to go to the Colts. If Luck & "his people" tell Carolina that he won't play there it could be '83 (and Eli with Dad Archie regarding San Diego) all over again.
                With Elway back in the FO in Denver he'll be trying to complete the Stanford Triumvirate: Elway, Jim Harbaugh, Luck.
                This could very well happen.
                Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Seriously guys, who is Harbough? It's one thing when you coach kids, men are a different story. I can't think of any modern day coach who came from the college ranks and accomplished anything. I guess that you could say Barry Switzer, but he didn't build the Cowboys. He inherited a terrific team that had won the SB and did it again. I liked the complicated offense that Stanford had, but I guess that he had the right kids to run it. Saban was a great college coach and flopped in Miami. He returned to Alabama and won another National Championship. The 2 really are different ballgames.

Comment

Jimmy Johnson did pretty well.

Comment

If Andrew Luck really is a Peyton Manning or John Elway-caliber prospect, I'd seriously consider making the Panthers an offer they couldn't refuse. Almost every team in the top 10 (Bills, Bengals, Browns, Cardinals, Niners, Titans, and Redskins) have a need at quarterback - and for at least three of them (Cardinals, Niners, Titans) it's a DESPERATE need.

I think the Panthers would be outright fools to pass on Luck because of Jimmy Claussen. But maybe if you offer 2 1sts and a 2nd, they'll start to think about it.

Comment

Jimmy Johnson did pretty well.
                        OOPs, forgot about him. He did bomb out later in Miami though, which leads me to believe that he didn't assemble all that talent in Dallas. Maybe JJ deserves more credit than we give him.

Comment

I think Jimmy Johnson knew the college talent when he took the job with the Cowboys. Jerrah would like everyone to believe that he alone was responsible for the Cowboys' success in the early 90's, but it was probably all Johnson.

Pete Carroll had a good year in Seattle on his second try in the NFL. So maybe the process of learning how to deal with NFL players takes a little time and experience.

Harbaugh could be a success because he played in the NFL and his brother is a head coach.

Comment

I think Jimmy Johnson knew the college talent when he took the job with the Cowboys. Jerrah would like everyone to believe that he alone was responsible for the Cowboys' success in the early 90's, but it was probably all Johnson.

Pete Carroll had a good year in Seattle on his second try in the NFL. So maybe the process of learning how to deal with NFL players takes a little time and experience.

Harbaugh could be a success because he played in the NFL and his brother is a head coach.
                            Who would you rather have-Harbough or Luck. I think that's the only card Harbough is holding (if he even cares). I think if I had the year that he had at Stanford that I wouldn't want to go anywhere. Then again, that's why I ended up a career PE teacher.

Comment

Luck is worth your first and your second if you are in the top 10, but there are several talented QBs available right behind him and you have to have more than a QB. That said, if I were the 49ers, Redkins, etc., I would offer my 1st and second to get up there and get him.
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                              X