X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Fisher won

The first time I remember firing the player instead of the coach

Titans to move forward without Vince Young

Titans owner Bud Adams released the following statement today confirming the Titans will move on without Vince Young:

"As you are aware, we have been engaged in a series of internal discussions over the last month about the future of our football team. We have two critical decisions to make -- the direction of the coaching staff and the future at the quarterback position. They are separate issues to me and will be dealt with separately.

"Today, I informed our general manager Mike Reinfeldt to move forward with plans to begin the process of identifying the next quarterback for our franchise. He will inform Vince Young 's agent that Vince will not be on our roster next season. I want to offer my personal thanks to Vince for all of his positive contributions to the club. These kinds of decisions are never easy and this is especially true for this particular player. I certainly wish that things would have worked out better, but I think it is best for the franchise that we move on at this point.

"I also informed Jeff (Fisher) today that I was continuing the evaluation.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I know some people don't like Fisher,but I like the style of football he tries to play. I love watching a running game in action and I love good defense. Glad to see he didn't take the fall for that walking ,talking pile of dung.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      I know some people don't like Fisher,but I like the style of football he tries to play. I love watching a running game in action and I love good defense. Glad to see he didn't take the fall for that walking ,talking pile of dung.
      I like that style of play too MM. The funny thing about the situation is that Young saved Fisher's job twice. First in his rookie year when they lost their first 6 games and he came in a won 9 in a row, and then again when Fischer wore the Manning shirt while they were getting their asses kicked and Young came in afterwards and won a bunch of games.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Good for the Titans.

I'm not a big fan of Fisher's but they made the right move in at least getting rid of the QB.

They could still get rid of Fisher though and start over.

Comment

Things like this are a good sign to me. Fisher can coach and despite what some on the board might think so can Marvin Lewis. I think these owners to some degree are finally figuring out that you can't let the imbassals run the assylum. You have to have some structure and if you have the right guy and Fisher clearly is... just let him tell you what he wants and go with it. The same should be said for Tony Sprano down in Miami who obviously can coach but he appears to be thrown under the bus also.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

What has Marvin Lewis done since 2000?
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Jeff Fisher has six winning seasons in seventeen years. He is five and six in the PO's. Three of those wins came in the 99 season. He has won two PO games since. I give Andy grief but he is head and shoulders above Fisher. Fisher is the most overrated coach in the NFL.

I think they both should get the axe. Young is a headcase but Fisher has to find a way to make it work.
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Lewis has won the division a few times. He needs to unload Ocho and play football.

Vince Young is not a bad kid or a me guy he just didn't fit in Tenn. because (a) they don't have great offensive coaching there and (b) until this year with Kenny Britt they never really gave the kid great receivers.

I'm not saying the kid can be the next Tom Brady but he definitely is a lot like Michael Vick or Mark Sanchez. I think if he got in the right system and coach him up he could be good.

I'd LOVE to see him in Philly next year backing up Vick.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

No to VY.

I'm not saying he's a bad kid. I just think he's so used to being the center of the universe that he cannot deal with not being the center. He doesn't seem to be able to deal with it personally or professionally.

Also, he's not very bright.

Comment

I agree with LD. IMO, Marvin Lewis sucks as a head coach. He should have been fired last year. To keep him on means that the Bungles are really not that interested in improvement - just continuity.
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Marvin Lewis is like Milton from Office Space. They stopped paying him a long time ago but he just keeps showing up to work so they keep letting him work.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
                        I agree with LD. IMO, Marvin Lewis sucks as a head coach. He should have been fired last year. To keep him on means that the Bungles are really not that interested in improvement - just continuity.
                        I'm not even convinced that he's that good of a defensive coordinator. His defenses in Washington were mediocre and the Ravens have maintained a consistently good defense since he left.
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                        X