Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

King Dunlap...A "perfect game" against the Cowboys?! Nice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Dunlap...A "perfect game" against the Cowboys?! Nice.

Check this out. One of the things you can only find out by having these kinds of guys around who have the time to dissect every single play.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...owboys-eagles/

......All three of the performances we’re mentioning come on offense for the Eagles, and the final one is mentioned because he represents an excellent day while almost everyone else on offense struggled. King Dunlap (+5.4) was perfect in pass protection, succeeding in surrendering no pressure on 45 dropbacks. He was also instrumental in their run game, moving defenders around all game.

about the only positive from the offensive side unless you count Chad Hall exploding onto the scene.Good for Dunlap,you can see how much more technically sound he has become. His footwork is 20x better than last season. Give Juan a raise,he's taught Peters a good deal as well.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      about the only positive from the offensive side unless you count Chad Hall exploding onto the scene.Good for Dunlap,you can see how much more technically sound he has become. His footwork is 20x better than last season. Give Juan a raise,he's taught Peters a good deal as well.
      Dunlop has been a pleasant surprise for sure as he seemed a certain cut going into camp. And Peters has looked terrific after struggling all summer and the first month of the season.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Wait I thought Dunlap sucked.

Some people on this board give up on these OL too fast. It takes at least 3 years to get it if you are not just a natural freakish talent like Ogden, Willie Roaf or something like that.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

these guys who are 6'7ish sometimes need to grow into their bodies cuz they shoot up too quickly
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Dunlap is one of several pleasant and unexpected surprises this year that will contribute to what will be a very competitive team 'going forward'. (I hate that expression, but it fits here).

He, Dixon and Chaney...and to a lesser extent, Cooper and Lindley...provide balance for some of the other young guys who disappointed due to injury or possible suckitude.

Comment

Cooper? Still yet to see anything approaching results from that guy.

Comment

That's good to hear about Dunlap. I have never seen a bigger player size wise on the field. He just towers over everyone. It's freakish to see when I see him live at the Linc.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                  That's good to hear about Dunlap. I have never seen a bigger player size wise on the field. He just towers over everyone. It's freakish to see when I see him live at the Linc.
                  Really. That was my impression as well. He is a freak. If he continues to improve technique-wise, Dunlap is going to be a force.
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I wonder if he challenges Justice as early as next year. You know, Justice is OK but he's no dominator. With Vick, that's the blind side tackle spot.
                    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

justice could slide inside to RG if dunlap is a stud at RT
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

How may guys his height are successful at that position? Just curious. Seems likeit will always be a chalenge for him to play low enough to keep DLmen from getting up under him, losing leverage.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                        X