Rumor Alert: Apparently JR Reed Has Signed With St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor Alert: Apparently JR Reed Has Signed With St. Louis

RoseCityEagle on the EMB posted this about JR Reed...

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...owtopic=374770

Hey everybody, I'm J.R's sister. At first we were very upset with the Eagles, but J.R did get hurt last season. That gave the opportunity for Sean to get signed last season. Bottom line , they had four Safty's, its a numbers game. The Eagles wanted J.R to wait two weeks and see what happened.
    We couldnt wait, so now he signed a one year contract with the St. Louis Rams, I think that he will have a great opportunity there, there starting safety has only been there two years, and there second string is 29 years old, so we really thing it was a great carrear move. The Washington Redskins also took interest, but St. Louis Rams had a better offer. Overal we love the Eagles, and they made it possible for my brother to get out there. We thank everyone for there support, maybe one day he will be back.....

Sunny
    Tampa, Florida
    Somehow, someway he got this from JR Reed's "sister". Don't know how true it is or if it's true at all, but apparently he's going to STL after turning down an offer from Washington. And if it is true I am glad he didn't go to Washington.

I wish him luck. I really wanted him to make it here

Good luck, JR. If heart and guts was all it took, you'd be an All Pro.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

There's no mention of it on the Rams' website, but I did see this on CBS Sportsline:

The Rams signed DB/KR J.R. Reed on Monday, releasing WR Marques Hagans to make room for him. Reed played in Philadelphia since 2004 and was primarily used on special teams.
      (Updated 09/04/2006).
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Good for JR. But, I really wanted him as an Eagle Dammit

Comment

Yep, on ESPN too

It's true - ESPN transactions link

Comment

Good for JR.
            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!
              Pedro

Comment

We all wanted JR to be an Eagle.

Even their family, though initially upset with the team, understands. The Eagles did everything they could to get JR back on the field. It's too bad it didn't work out. During the preseason, I think we looked at Reed with more a more forgiving eye than most other players. He didn't appear to have that burst of speed pre-injury. Nobody has questioned his toughness, and I hope he has a productive career. (against every team except the Birds)

Comment

He just wasn't the same player. He lost his footing a lot and didn't seem to be able to cut well. I never saw that burst that he brought on the kick return where he would rocket out of the wedge. During the preseason, he would follow the wedge and get brought down in the middle of it. He got to the 20 or 25 but didn't seem to be a home run threat.

Comment

Godspeed, JR.

Comment

Good luck to JR. May he eventually wend his way back to where he belongs...Da Birds!

Comment

Working...
                      X