Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my full NFC prediction column

http://www.sportscolumn.com/story/2006/9/5/12532/90989

Please let me know if I am completely offbase on any of my comments. The records I'm sticking with.

Great write up but I think it should be noted that while Dallas gave up a ton of sacks last year, it was largely because Rivera played hurt and Flozell Adams was out for a large portion of their season.

Rivera is now healthy and Adams is back. If those two stay healthy throughout the year, Dallas' OL is much improved. So while they didn't add anyone of true significance through the draft or free agency, they did get back two guys who had injury issues last year.

I'd flip flop the Giants and Pokes. Maybe it is just me, I but I don't think Eli Manning is all that. He is a decent QB but he seems to make mistakes in crucial spots.

Comment

Ty, I honestly hope Dallas tanks so you can relax a bit.

That being said, although they did get Adams and Rivera back, if I were a Dallas fan, I'd be holding my breath that either one of them can make it through the season. I already saw Adams get dinged, and limp off the field favoring the same knee in the preseason. Considering the fact that their offense pretty much went in the tank last year when he got hurt, you'd think they would have gone an extra mile to insure adequate depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
        Ty, I honestly hope Dallas tanks so you can relax a bit.

That being said, although they did get Adams and Rivera back, if I were a Dallas fan, I'd be holding my breath that either one of them can make it through the season. I already saw Adams get dinged, and limp off the field favoring the same knee in the preseason. Considering the fact that their offense pretty much went in the tank last year when he got hurt, you'd think they would have gone an extra mile to insure adequate depth.
        I do have a paranoia about Dullus!

And Adams got his shin kicked in that preseason game, it wasn't his knee.

I still think Dallas is better than the Giants. Then again, I always seem to underrate the GMen each year.

Comment

Not bad but this is what I see in the East

Giants 11-5 (division winner)
          Eagles 11-5 (first wild card and NFC rep at the Super Bowl)
          Dallas 9-7 (oline is not their only problem)
          Washington 8-8 (Overated recievers, running back issues, worst QB in the division)
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think the Giants will suffer due to their secondary and Eli's inconsistency...

I think the Redskins will suffer due to their OL/QB issues and ST

I think the Cowboys will suffer due to their OL and running game...

I think the Eagles will suffer due to their LB in coverage and health at RB...

Each team has flaws; depends on which team can compensate for those flaws and/or stay healthy and find solutions for those flaws will win the division IMO...

I think MN will surprise people and push Chicago for the division...Carolina and Seattle are logical picks for the other divisions, but hopefully Tampa or AZ or ATL can knock them off...
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Taz, questions below:

Giants 11-5 (division winner) Don't see this

Eagles 11-5 (first wild card and NFC rep at the Super Bowl) Not sure about Super Bowl

Dallas 9-7 (oline is not their only problem) what is their other problems?

Washington 8-8 (Overated recievers, running back issues, worst QB in the division)Moss is the second best WR in the division behind Owens, so I am not sure how they are "overrated". I'd take their trio over ours right now (Brown being the darkhorse here). And if Portis is healthy, Washington's RB situation is fine. Portis was cleared to play by the way according to the Skins board

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Webb
                Taz, questions below:

Giants 11-5 (division winner) Don't see this Why?

Eagles 11-5 (first wild card and NFC rep at the Super Bowl) Not sure about Super Bowl Understandable

Dallas 9-7 (oline is not their only problem) what is their other problems?T.O., I am not a fan of their running backs either

Washington 8-8 (Overated recievers, running back issues, worst QB in the division)Moss is the second best WR in the division behind Owens, so I am not sure how they are "overrated". I'd take their trio over ours right now (Brown being the darkhorse here). And if Portis is healthy, Washington's RB situation is fine. Portis was cleared to play by the way according to the Skins board
                Brandon Llyod is not that good and Randall El is a recieve who catches 35 balls a year all the hype around them they are just average recievers. Moss had a break out year but can he duplicate it.

I would not take their recievers over ours. Stallworth, Brown and Lewis are every bid as good as Moss, Llyod and El.

Portis is not healthy and won't be the entire year. An injury to your shoulder as a running back is a killer, he is going to fumble more times than any time in his career and that is going to cost the Redskins some games.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                  Brandon Llyod is not that good and Randall El is a recieve who catches 35 balls a year all the hype around them they are just average recievers. Moss had a break out year but can he duplicate it.

I would not take their recievers over ours. Stallworth, Brown and Lewis are every bid as good as Moss, Llyod and El.
                  El is better than Lewis.

And last year wasn't Moss' breakout year. In 2003 he has 1100 yards receiving and 10 TDs in Ney York.

Moss is clearly the best WR on either team.

Comment

Bears are not going to win the central. Look for Minnesota to shock with Detroit causing problems too.

Bears are just not that good.
                    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

You know, going into the exercise, I expected Minnesota to be pretty good as well but when pickign individual games, it's tough to take minnesota over a lot of their opponents, hence their shitty projected record.

Also I honestly think the Redskins will tank this year. It's not just wishful thinking. Mark Brunnel will be out for the season by week 8.

thanks for the feedback fellas.

Comment

I think that Minnesota takes their division too.
                        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                          You know, going into the exercise, I expected Minnesota to be pretty good as well but when pickign individual games, it's tough to take minnesota over a lot of their opponents, hence their shitty projected record.

Also I honestly think the Redskins will tank this year. It's not just wishful thinking. Mark Brunnel will be out for the season by week 8.

thanks for the feedback fellas.
                          Agreed on the Redskins. I think if there is an NFC East team that will tank/disappoint, it will be Washington.

Minnesota is intriguing. I think Troy Williamson could have a break out year in that offense if Johnson stays healthy and is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                            Portis is not healthy and won't be the entire year. An injury to your shoulder as a running back is a killer, he is going to fumble more times than any time in his career and that is going to cost the Redskins some games.
                            I agree. He's going to suck it up but a separated shoulder? He wont be 100% (even further than normal in the NFL) throughout this season. I am concerned about this from a FF standpoint as he was my #1 pick in my big money league.

Comment

Working...
                            X