Jake is kind of a space shot haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake is kind of a space shot haha

Jake Elliott described his Saturday performance and his season as a “roller coaster” and he’s right. He’s been so very good this year from long distance, including a franchise-record five field goals from 50-plus yards in the regular season – he added a 53-yarder on Saturday, an Eagles playoff record, but his short-range kicks have not been as good. Elliott’s five field goal misses this year: 30 yards, 52 yards, 45 yards, 34 yards, 33 yards. Elliott has also missed four extra points, including one on Saturday. “I don’t know why,” Elliott said. “Maybe I just over thought it there. You know, you’re going to miss some kicks, and then you have to make the correction and move on. That’s what I do. I just go out and kick and try to make good contact. I’m not going to make every kick. I don’t think too much about it.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I call bull..... The kicker only has one job and it is kicking..... They think about it just about every second they are out there. The good ones don't think about the past when it's time to kick the next one. But they do think about the ones they miss..... They are the game altering and job costing ones.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      I call bull..... The kicker only has one job and it is kicking..... They think about it just about every second they are out there. The good ones don't think about the past when it's time to kick the next one. But they do think about the ones they miss..... They are the game altering and job costing ones.
      Most kickers are in their own little world.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X