Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New medical staff

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...rs-jets-bowles

Should rename the column "Profootball stuff I think up in my head" --- Just seems like more stuff to fill in column space. Fact is I remember much bitching about last years medical staff, that the change was very predictable. But even so he has no evidence that any of this years problems are due to the NEW medical staff.

Comment

You took the words right out of my mouth MD. Injuries are a huge part of the game MD. All of these guys are tough as nails and hit each other at high speeds with helmets that you can't break with a sledgehammer. The Med. staff can only do so much. Add on top of that the pressure the organization puts on them to get these guys back on the field along with the pressure the player himself has to get there also and this stuff happens. Losing game time means losing your job. Stay home sick for a month and see how long you keep yours.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        You took the words right out of my mouth MD. Injuries are a huge part of the game MD. All of these guys are tough as nails and hit each other at high speeds with helmets that you can't break with a sledgehammer. The Med. staff can only do so much. Add on top of that the pressure the organization puts on them to get these guys back on the field along with the pressure the player himself has to get there also and this stuff happens. Losing game time means losing your job. Stay home sick for a month and see how long you keep yours.
        Though I was union and would not have lost my job, I waited until retirement to get my knees replaced. I did one in June and one last month. Right now I say it’s very nice to have less pain than I had for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
          Though I was union and would not have lost my job, I waited until retirement to get my knees replaced. I did one in June and one last month. Right now I say it’s very nice to have less pain than I had for years.
          You ol warhorse, good for you!

Comment

Absolutely could be crock of s*** but sometimes, lotsa times, these guys have some better info than fans on the sofa. I said a week or more ago that Jeff & Co might want to look at the strength and conditioning coaches. Didn't think med staff. I know these guys are bigger, faster, yada, yada. Fact is, though, that any team factors that are out of line with league standards are reviewed. Shouldn't matter if it is turnovers or number of injury days for lower extremities.
            For the record I have idea if the staff is or has been good or bad. I just am not surprised a guy with a billion dollar team would question it, review it, or change it.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              Absolutely could be crock of s*** but sometimes, lotsa times, these guys have some better info than fans on the sofa. I said a week or more ago that Jeff & Co might want to look at the strength and conditioning coaches. Didn't think med staff. I know these guys are bigger, faster, yada, yada. Fact is, though, that any team factors that are out of line with league standards are reviewed. Shouldn't matter if it is turnovers or number of injury days for lower extremities.
              For the record I have idea if the staff is or has been good or bad. I just am not surprised a guy with a billion dollar team would question it, review it, or change it.
              Hamstring pulls are one of the biggest mysteries of sports. Many experts think that it may be that your quads are too strong for your hammy. Many players just have chronic problems with them. It's a tough inury to treat and handle.

Comment

That is true 60. My reply would be that is player specific. A player might have them through his career or he might develop a recurring one after a significant injury. Easily explained; however, if you have a higher number players on your team getting them than the norm then it could be looked at.
                I just submit that the NFL is such a high end business that everything is constantly under scrutiny. Good teams/owners do that. I would guess every med staff has documented paperwork showing what a player was told he could or could not take as a supplement. If a coach asks what a player's particular joint flex was today vice Sep1 I would think it would be readily available and if it wasn't he would be asking why not.
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Man I remember tearing a quad and being on crutches for a week one time. That was a beauty that took 6 weeks to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                    You were Union? I thought your fought for the Confederates? Oh sorry I’m thinking of MD. He’s the old guy here.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Darby done for the year. Torn Achilles. We may lose by 40 points next week.
                      Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

They're going to have a blowup doll out there playing DB before the season ends
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          They're going to have a blowup doll out there playing DB before the season ends

MAY NOT BE SAFE FOR WORK .....if people are offended/excited by mid size toy strap ons

I think you're really on to something.

This is the Kirk Cousins model the Vikings are currently using at QB.
                          This particular model has very limited experience playing as a D Back but I'm sure our
                          genius DC Schwatrz can get him coached up in no time.
                          Last edited by tinopuno; 11-12-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

This med staff stuff isn't new. Back on Oct 12 I posted that Lurie might want to look into the strength and conditioning staff and in Nov there were rumors. I certainly don't know if there is truth to them but I would guess there is a whole lot of nervous people at novacare
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

I wonder how many players will be scared off by the medical staff issues. From a player perspective the team doctors have a huge roll in determining their impact on the field, career length and ultimately their contract value. That has to be a big consideration for free agents.. Then factor in how injury treatment will affect quality of life after football and it becomes more important than almost any other factor when deciding which team to sign with. If I was an agent and responsible for my players, or a family member of a player, I would be concerned about them signing with the Eagles. Obviously the player makes the final decision, but if the money is similar, I’d go somewhere without dubious meeical concerns.
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                              X