Question Thursday night football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Thursday night football

Does anyone remember if it starts this season? I think they play a game every Thursday night this year.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Does anyone remember if it starts this season? I think they play a game every Thursday night this year.
    Actually it started last season Popper. I'm in a weekly pool & I remember that all the picks needed to be in before 8 on Thursday. The schedule should be out soon but I'm guessing there will be a Thursday Night game every week.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
      Actually it started last season Popper. I'm in a weekly pool & I remember that all the picks needed to be in before 8 on Thursday. The schedule should be out soon but I'm guessing there will be a Thursday Night game every week.
      I think last year it was the last 8 games of the season. I think this year they go wire to wire unless they are waiting until 2014.

Comment

No, in 2012 they played a Thursday night game every week from Week 2 to Week 16 (the last of which was actually a Saturday night game).

Incidentally, I expect the Eagles to have their prime-time appearances cut back severely this year, not only because they went 4-12 last year but also because prospects for 2013 don't look good either. My prediction is they'll get one Monday night (ESPN) and one Thursday night (NFL Network) game in 2013 (with the possibility of a 3rd prime time game on either ESPN or NFL Network).

Comment

Didn't they play a wed night game to start the season last year?

The ravens will open up on the road on thurs night this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
            No, in 2012 they played a Thursday night game every week from Week 2 to Week 16 (the last of which was actually a Saturday night game).

Incidentally, I expect the Eagles to have their prime-time appearances cut back severely this year, not only because they went 4-12 last year but also because prospects for 2013 don't look good either. My prediction is they'll get one Monday night (ESPN) and one Thursday night (NFL Network) game in 2013 (with the possibility of a 3rd prime time game on either ESPN or NFL Network).
            Yes and let's hope they are both ROAD games!
            Long Live Section 736

Comment

I hate Thursday night NFL.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
                I hate Thursday night NFL.

So do I. Half the time I forget there's a game on and the other half of the time I have too many other things going on to be able to watch it. Sunday afternoon and Monday nights -- that's all it should be. Thanksgiving too but they should rotate the teams -I have having to watch Dallas every year.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

I'm petty sure every team gets a Thursday night game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    I'm petty sure every team gets a Thursday night game this year.
                    Not all teams got an NFL Network game last year, though most did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                      So do I. Half the time I forget there's a game on and the other half of the time I have too many other things going on to be able to watch it. Sunday afternoon and Monday nights -- that's all it should be. Thanksgiving too but they should rotate the teams -I have having to watch Dallas every year.
                      The NFL will probably have some seasons when the Cowboys play the prime-time Thanksgiving game, possibly even this year (though it is probably more likely to happen in 2014). When the NFL switched the Thanksgiving night game from the NFL Network to NBC, it opened up that possibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X