Yikes!-Eagles JVs to play Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes!-Eagles JVs to play Lions

Eagles put out “estimated” injury report with 13 players on it ahead of Lions game
    Everyone hurt!

By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Sep 18, 2019, 4:23pm EDT
    Share this story
    Share this on Facebook (opens in new window)
    Share this on Twitter (opens in new window)
    All sharing options
    Washington Redskins v Philadelphia Eagles
    Photo by Mitchell Leff/Getty Images
    The Philadelphia Eagles issued their first official injury report on Wednesday in advance of their Week 3 game against the Detroit Lions. Note that this report is merely an estimation because the Eagles cancelled their practice and instead held a walk-through.

There are a whopping THIRTEEN players listed on the report. That’s 28.3% of the active game day roster and 24.5% of the overall 53-man roster. Not great!

Let’s start with the players who DID NOT PRACTICE. That’s Corey Clement, Dallas Goedert, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, Timmy Jernigan, and Jordan Mailata. It seems like the Eagles could be missing all of those guys for Sunday’s game.

Jernigan is definitely going to be out. Jackson is reportedly out for two weeks. Reports indicate Jeffery could also miss two games. Clement is expected to miss a game or two. There haven’t been any reports about Goedert’s status but this injury report — combined with the Eagles promoting Alex Ellis from the practice squad — doesn’t bode well for him.

Now for the players who were LIMITED: Derek Barnett, Fletcher Cox, Johnathan Cyprien, Rudy Ford, Nathan Gerry, and Kamu Grugier-Hill.

Barnett and Cox were listed on the injury report with the same designations last week and played. I’d imagine they’ll be good to go once again. It’s hard to say how serious the Cyprien, Ford, and Gerry injuries are because there’s been no word on them. In any case, some of the Eagles’ biggest special teams contributors are banged up.

The big news is that Grugier-Hill returned to practice for the first time since getting hurt early in training camp. Grugier-Hill told reporters (via Reuben Frank) that he’s out for this week but he’s planning to play against the Packers in Week 4. Assuming he’s not hampered by injury, Grugier-Hill’s return could be a nice boost for the Eagles’ defense. Grugier-Hill was having a great camp before getting hurt.

Nate Sudfeld was listed a full participant in practice after being limited last week. It’ll be interesting to see if the Eagles keep him active as Carson Wentz’s backup or if they’ll stick with Josh McCown behind Wentz.

The Eagles’ coaching staff really has their work cut out for them this week as they’re dealing with all these injuries. We’ll learn more abut the team’s injury situation when they put out their second injury report ahead of Sunday’s game tomorrow on Thursday.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES INJURY REPORT (WEDNESDAY)
    DID NOT PARTICIPATE

RB Corey Clement (shoulder)
    TE Dallas Goedert (calf)
    WR DeSean Jackson (abdomen)
    WR Alshon Jeffery (calf)
    DT Timmy Jernigan (foot)
    OT Jordan Mailata (back)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

DE Derek Barnett (shoulder)
    DT Fletcher Cox (toe)
    S Johnathan Cyprien (knee)
    S Rudy Ford (hamstring)
    LB Nathan Gerry (knee, calf)
    LB Kamu Grugier-Hill (knee)

FULL PARTICIPATION

QB Nate Sudfeld (wrist)
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

The limited will all play. Hopefully Ellis can block that will give Doug a chance to use his two tight end sets (that we run very successfully as a team). I think that will help the wide outs.

Honestly towards the end of the Falcons game, Mack the Knife started to figure some things out. He end with 5 catches for 50 yards all in the second half. JJAW has to start to figure it out but we can win with Agholor, Mack the Knife, Ertz and a renewed running game.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

A little time practicing together this week will help the WR crew. I know they get time in TC but working on the specific game plan together is important
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

If we can get either Desean or Alshon to play and the limiteds all play we will be OK
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
        X