Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most unpopular Eagles of all time-feel free to add to the list!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    How about Ray Rhodes?
    Eh... pretty good coach, awful GM. But remember his bar was Rich Kotite, who somehow failed to make this list. As bad as Rhodes was, Kotite was far worse in basically every respect.

Some quibbles with the list, but mostly good. Ricky Watters I think was well liked by most of the fanbase. He started off in the worst possible way, which may prevent him from being beloved, but he played his ass off for three years.

Many fans still have good memories of the 2004 Terrell Owens. I'm not sure I'd call him "me first", as I think he was well liked by a lot of teammates, but he was very immature and really had no idea of how damaging to a locker room he could be, when he had something of a legitimate point and split everyone's opinions. McNabb wasn't good at handling that either. But the worst bit probably was when Drew Rosenhaus got his ear, got him to fire his old agent, and was probably behind some of the 2005 shenanigans. Turned sour for sure.

Pinkston... eh. He was a one-trick pony, but it was a valuable trick until his knee injury. Would have really helped the team last year -- sort of the Torrey Smith role. There should be many unpopular players on the list ahead of him.

Mamula was a bit of a whipping boy, which is unfair. He was a very solid NFL player. Not worth where he was drafted, but ... that is Ray Rhodes again.

From a fan's perspective, though Romanowski played well for us. But we were probably oblivious to the steroid stuff and the locker room.

A lot of painful names in that list though.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
      Eh... pretty good coach, awful GM. But remember his bar was Rich Kotite, who somehow failed to make this list. As bad as Rhodes was, Kotite was far worse in basically every respect.

Some quibbles with the list, but mostly good. Ricky Watters I think was well liked by most of the fanbase. He started off in the worst possible way, which may prevent him from being beloved, but he played his ass off for three years.

Many fans still have good memories of the 2004 Terrell Owens. I'm not sure I'd call him "me first", as I think he was well liked by a lot of teammates, but he was very immature and really had no idea of how damaging to a locker room he could be, when he had something of a legitimate point and split everyone's opinions. McNabb wasn't good at handling that either. But the worst bit probably was when Drew Rosenhaus got his ear, got him to fire his old agent, and was probably behind some of the 2005 shenanigans. Turned sour for sure.

Pinkston... eh. He was a one-trick pony, but it was a valuable trick until his knee injury. Would have really helped the team last year -- sort of the Torrey Smith role. There should be many unpopular players on the list ahead of him.

Mamula was a bit of a whipping boy, which is unfair. He was a very solid NFL player. Not worth where he was drafted, but ... that is Ray Rhodes again.

From a fan's perspective, though Romanowski played well for us. But we were probably oblivious to the steroid stuff and the locker room.

A lot of painful names in that list though.
      The treatment of Mamula was ridiculous IMO. That defensive line had absolutely nobody to get double teamed but him yet he still got pressure on the QB,thus his nickname "almost Mamula). Heck, the rest of the line never got past the LOS. He was my favorite Eagle at the time and got a horrible rap.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Hell, our second round pick after Mamula was Bobby Taylor, wasn’t it?

If only Rhodes had traded up for Bobby Taylor in the first round, and then drafted Mamula in the second round, we’d be looking back and saying “solid picks...nice job.”
        Last edited by balto-eaglefan; 08-26-2019, 11:03 PM.
        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
        X