Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long do we screw around with Mailata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Gettin a tiny bit paranoid big guy? Didn't say you only, said "here".
    I knew what you meant MD lol. I didn't take it that way at all. BTW, I didn't mean cut the guy tomorrow. Who knows, we really haven't seen much of him. Maybe he's as good as some of the backups. I guess that we'll just have to let it play out because Howie can get a little stubborn on some things.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'll just say that I was against wasting a pick on him from the get go. I realize that it was only a #7 so I wasn't upset about it. I don't get treating the guy like some lost treasure though. They act like there are no more lineman in football and the whole league is just waiting to grab him if we cut him. I really don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        I'll just say that I was against wasting a pick on him from the get go. I realize that it was only a #7 so I wasn't upset about it. I don't get treating the guy like some lost treasure though. They act like there are no more lineman in football and the whole league is just waiting to grab him if we cut him. I really don't get it.
        There aren’t many athletes in the world with the size and agility to play O-Line in the NFL. It might not work out but it is worth a shot. I mean a lot of 1st round draft picks don’t work out let alone 7th round picks. I trust Stoutland on this one.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I’d give him 3 years. I believe they can afford to carry him. If not, there is always the phantom injury.

Comment

If he looks like hell they can try to slide him onto PS. If they carry him on roster then it is a good bet they don't think he will clear.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Jason Peters was an undrafted lineman. You can’t teach athleticism. Are you really worried about losing a player from the bottom of the roster by keeping a player with that much athletic ability? He may never pan out but he’s got incredible potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy View Post
                Jason Peters was an undrafted lineman. You can’t teach athleticism. Are you really worried about losing a player from the bottom of the roster by keeping a player with that much athletic ability? He may never pan out but he’s got incredible potential.
                Practice squads are for developing talent. Look how our linebackers are getting wiped out. I'd rather have another one than a guy who can't play football or even STs. What good is he? He's so good that we used our number 1 pick on a guy who plays his position. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Green With Envy View Post
                  Yes!

Comment

You're kidding right? You are using a guy who was a starting TE at Arkansas, the best conference in college football (SEC) to a guy who ran over a bunch of teenagers in a rugby league. I give up.

Comment

They will never sneak him to the practice squad. I think they are more likely to try and trade him to a team that they knew might have taken him in the draft. Teams know that kind of stuff.

I am not ready to give up on him in any way though.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

He’s had so much hype, he wouldn’t make 5 minutes on the practice squad. The Eagles would have picked LT this year no matter what. He was the highest rated guy and they took him. IMO they have a plan and they will ride it out. They can make him inactive on game day and carry a LB or whomever they wish. They can IR him and get him the training he needs. I don’t mind his situation at all, he might have more quickness than any lineman to ever play the game . IMO you get him as many reps as you can and allow him learn some of the nuances of the game. There certainly will come a point that he needs to show more , but JMO , as long as the roster is loaded and the team is doing well, let him absorb all he can
                        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I still don't think anyone is projecting him to be our next great tackle. I will be thrilled if he becomes the best backup swing tackle in t he NFC
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            He’s had so much hype, he wouldn’t make 5 minutes on the practice squad. The Eagles would have picked LT this year no matter what. He was the highest rated guy and they took him. IMO they have a plan and they will ride it out. They can make him inactive on game day and carry a LB or whomever they wish. They can IR him and get him the training he needs. I don’t mind his situation at all, he might have more quickness than any lineman to ever play the game . IMO you get him as many reps as you can and allow him learn some of the nuances of the game. There certainly will come a point that he needs to show more , but JMO , as long as the roster is loaded and the team is doing well, let him absorb all he can
                            This also!!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                              I still don't think anyone is projecting him to be our next great tackle. I will be thrilled if he becomes the best backup swing tackle in t he NFC
                              That could very well be the plan. The Eagles are probably going to lose Big V to free agency at some point, and they definitely need someone to fill that role.

Comment

You guys are right. The guy is an incredible athlete. He's so talented that I'm shocked that they didn't make him a quarterback.

Comment

Working...
                                X