Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Philly Sports > Eagles Fans Only 2017

Old 04-24-2019, 09:31 PM   #11
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins20 View Post
Canít believe we might trade Aggie. Wtf?

Makes you wonder if he and his agent are asking for more $ or something
$9 million is a hell of a lot of money. Isn't that about what Jeffreys signed for? I think that they can move him though because both Ertz and Goedert can be both be effective in the slot.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:38 PM   #12
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

Yes the money is kind of high for him and yes I think they are trying to get Goedert more involved. Maybe they also want to get Jackson's speed more involved rather than just being a deep deception. Maybe Clement is coming back healthy. There are only so many touches so maybe they don't think they can get him enough to justify the salary. They are already on the hook as far as the cap goes.
Agholor, to me, provided more things beyond just receiving. He was involved in the run game also. I think he has value but maybe not.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:17 PM   #13
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakIggle View Post
Yes the money is kind of high for him and yes I think they are trying to get Goedert more involved. Maybe they also want to get Jackson's speed more involved rather than just being a deep deception. Maybe Clement is coming back healthy. There are only so many touches so maybe they don't think they can get him enough to justify the salary. They are already on the hook as far as the cap goes.
Agholor, to me, provided more things beyond just receiving. He was involved in the run game also. I think he has value but maybe not.
I good player like him that is under contract should get you a 3 or 4 I would think. Heck, we gave away a 3 for Tate for half a season last year. I would think that he would have already been moved if that were going to happen though. I don't think there are a lot of player movements on draft day. It seems like if he goes it would be after the draft if a team didn't come out of it as good as they hoped they would. Alshon and Jackson aren't the most durable guys in the world so I could see the Eagles just hanging onto Aggie too. They have a whole lot of money tied up at that spot though so who knows?
Old 04-25-2019, 06:13 AM   #14
dawkins20
Pro Bowler

dawkins20 has disabled reputation

The funny thing is I think his low production numbers are already due to how we spread the ball. To some extent the same can be said of Jeffrey.

I admit I loathed Nelson in his first year. He really bounced back and earned my respect. Go back and watch the SB and his clutch 3 catches in a row.

It probably is all about the money and more Aggie and his agent not willing to take less. I’m just worried DJax is so fragile and don’t love a rookie replacing Aggie if we want to win a SB now.
dawkins20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #15
j-bird 
2013 Contributor
Pro Bowler

j-bird has disabled reputation

As much as I'd like to keep Aggie IMO this comes down to $'s. With DJax and Alshon costing @ $22mil, it's tough to keep Aggie at @$9mil. I think the Staff likes Hollins in the same role & then draft another WR. It's just business Fellas!
Old 04-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #16
Vet Turf
Pro Bowler

Vet Turf has disabled reputation

Aggie for less makes sense for the team but not so much from his point of view. I can see why nothing has happened yet.
Vet Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:27 AM   #17
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vet Turf View Post
Aggie for less makes sense for the team but not so much from his point of view. I can see why nothing has happened yet.
With no Apeman I think that he's made for the Patriots but then again who isn't? And J, I also think that they like Mac the Knife but might still draft a wr. Him not really stepping up was most likely due to his groin injury that he started the year with and grew worse each week. I absolutely HATE not going BPA but the area that we all are most interested in is along the lines but again they aren't FORCED to go that way. They are high on Pryor and even Mailatta so we have some depth there. It's too bad that he hurt his back because the work in the AA would have really helped his development. The NFL should have never pulled the plug on the European League but the cheap bastards did.
Old 04-25-2019, 10:11 AM   #18
Eaglebreath
Pro Bowler

Eaglebreath has disabled reputation

I just don't see anyone giving up much for Agholor. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see a late round pick, at best. And, I think any team that was looking to sign him long term would be facing the same issue as the Eagles, in that he's probably going to be looking for more money than he's worth. He's a slot WR who has not shown the ability to excel on the outside. I would like to see him on the field with Jeffery and Jackson, because that is an excellent group. But, I think the Eagles are thinking money, and they are also thinking that going 2 TEs with Ertz and Goedert presents more matchup advantages than going 3 wide with Agholor in the slot.
Eaglebreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:25 PM   #19
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebreath View Post
I just don't see anyone giving up much for Agholor. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see a late round pick, at best. And, I think any team that was looking to sign him long term would be facing the same issue as the Eagles, in that he's probably going to be looking for more money than he's worth. He's a slot WR who has not shown the ability to excel on the outside. I would like to see him on the field with Jeffery and Jackson, because that is an excellent group. But, I think the Eagles are thinking money, and they are also thinking that going 2 TEs with Ertz and Goedert presents more matchup advantages than going 3 wide with Agholor in the slot.
Those are my thoughts too EB. A third is definitely out of the question and I think that we were all surprised that we kept him. Getting rid of him frees up $9.4 million which is doubled for next year. I'm kind of a "the future is now" type so I hope that we keep him anyway but Howie might be able to spin some magic and get a 4 or 5 for him or maybe even be part of a trade. I heard on the radio that the Pats wanted Sanu from Atlanta but wouldn't pay him so I doubt that they'll pay Aggie. Hell they won't pay anybody but still win.