Where the hell is Mack the Knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the hell is Mack the Knife?

I haven't heard a word about Mack Hollins in a camp review. We sure didn't see anything from him last Thursday. I'm hoping that we something against the Pats. I want to see the "Backpack Kid" many times this year!

It's only 15 seconds MD!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Again you seem to be missing my point, but just forget I even mentioned it.

Btw... I think he has some injury, don't think he will play against the pats., but I'm probably wrong.

Comment

It’s PS. If he flashes it doesn’t matter. If he doesn’t it doesn’t matter

The rookies are the only ones I notice in PS.

Comment

Reuben Frank listed Hollins as one of his disappointments of camp.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          Again you seem to be missing my point, but just forget I even mentioned it.

Btw... I think he has some injury, don't think he will play against the pats., but I'm probably wrong.
          I'm just fooling with you MD. Click on it though because that dance is pretty funny. I click on it every once in awhile anyway just for a laugh.

Comment

I'm disappointed in his hair

Comment

My 11 year old son does the “floss” dance all the time. It has become his ‘happy dance’ too. I’m not sure a grown man should be doing it, but what the hell do I know!
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Hollins showed a little flash last year but so did Riley Cooper at one point. Hollins career will probably be similar. I would expect him to have some catches, maybe a highlight or two but I don't expect him to step up to be a number one receiver in my lifetime.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Hollins is nothing more than a special teams player. He doesn't have the fluidness at receiver you need. I would not put him as a lock to make this team. Gibson is showing real true improvement. I think he is ahead of Hollins right now.

Oh and Hollins is hurt, but as Hollis Thomas says you can't the club in the tub.
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                    Hollins is nothing more than a special teams player. He doesn't have the fluidness at receiver you need. I would not put him as a lock to make this team. Gibson is showing real true improvement. I think he is ahead of Hollins right now.

Oh and Hollins is hurt, but as Hollis Thomas says you can't the club in the tub.
                    What the heck happened to him??? He had such a great start last year but the second half of the season he just faded away.

Comment

60--he is Riley Cooper IMM. Not bad but certainly not great. He will make a play here and there but for the most part he is just running a route. He will not see ten, eleven looks a game. He will be an inexpensive receiver that fills a ST role.
                      Gotta have those guys-----until they are overtaken by a better player
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

This might explain his dropoff

NFL insider explains why Mack Hollins hasn’t taken the step forward that some expected
                        Always good to have some more background info.
                        By Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Aug 21, 2018, 1:22pm EDT

The 2018 offseason has been a quiet one for Mack Hollins.

That’s not to say the 2017 fourth-round pick has outright struggled. But as I noted in BGN Radio Episode 2, Hollins just hasn’t stood out as much as you would’ve liked to see. Especially considering he’s been exclusively working with the first team with Alshon Jeffery not being able to practice to this point.

Thanks to NFL insider Adam Caplan, we now have some more context regarding Hollins’ quiet offseason. Caplan had the following to say on the Inside The Birds podcast:

“My understanding is in the offseason he had sports hernia surgery. I was just checking around, I’m like, I mean … his college receivers coach is his receivers coach with the Eagles, Gunter Brewer. I thought, at the very least, this thing would be pushed to mid-to-late August for who would win that [wide receiver] battle. The Eagles had very few training camp battles: weakside linebacker, wide receiver, slot corner. I was a little surprised.

So I checked into it, and I’m told by a source that he had sports hernia surgery. Now, understand with sports hernia surgery, I’ve covered NFL injuries for 20 years. So, you could come back in six weeks. But you’re not anywhere close to 100%. You can just play with it. It can take you, as I was told, at receiver, three to four months to get back to normal. Sometimes four months. But again, you can play in as little as six weeks. That doesn’t mean you’ll be functional in six weeks. That doesn’t mean you’ll be anywhere close.

So, he did not have the training camp that I think a lot of us were expecting. And he’s a great kid, 6-4, 220, runs in the mid 4.4s, great special teams player as we know, he’s going to dress for every game, but my sense is the Eagles were expecting him to be a bigger factor. Because [Mike] Wallace is a [32]-year-old receiver, they were expecting Mack to challenge him.”

It’s unclear when exactly Hollins’ surgery took place. He hasn’t missed much practice time, although he did sit out for about a week after logging 25 total snaps in the Eagles’ first preseason game.

Hollins returned to practice recently and Doug Pederson gave an update on him heading into Thursday’s Eagles-Browns game.

“For him, it’s just been the rest that he’s getting that’s really helped him,” said the Eagles’ head coach. “So hopefully this week we’ll see where he’s at. He was practicing a little bit yesterday and got out there and did some nice things. He’s progressing and we’ll see where he’s at after today. And then make a decision if Mack’s going to be available. Because he’s another one that’s ... he’s a big part of our special teams units, and I want to make sure going forward that he’s also 100% to start the season.”

Here’s hoping Hollins is on the path to getting back to full health. The Eagles are currently thin at receiver with Jeffery on the PUP list and Nelson Agholor missing practice for a couple of weeks now. Shelton Gibson has really stepped up in the preseason, which has been nice to see.

Still, it’d be nice to get Hollins back. At the very least, he showed the makings of being a solid No. 4 receiver last year. Maybe he can prove to be even more if he’s at full effectiveness. Or maybe Gibson’s strong summer could eat into his potential playing time this year. We’ll see.

Coincidentally, Hollins isn’t the only member of the Eagles’ 2017 draft class who has had a quiet summer. The same goes for Derek Barnett, who also happened to have sports hernia surgery during the offseason. It’s possible these guys still aren’t 100%.

Comment

Told ya he wasn't well. Still not sure he is any good but can't judge the guy until ge gets healthy.

Comment

It was also mentioned that Barnette had the same thing done. Maybe they should just shut these guys down for awhile?

Comment

Working...
                            X