Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT)Do you think that this picture's delivery is legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OT)Do you think that this picture's delivery is legal?

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/craziest-pi...698-1124418333
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Umm I think it is nonsense. That is why he is a JUCO pitcher. Just my opinion but any umpire worth his salt would rule that it isn't a natural movement.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Not sure--- besides being totally stupid--- as long as he stays in contact with the rubber-- I'm not sure it isn't legal. But I have no true in depth knowledge of the rule book when it comes to pitching.

Comment

I was wondering what the heck the kid does when somebody gets on base?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I was wondering what the heck the kid does when somebody gets on base?
          He gets a great view of them stealing. I can’t imagine he could stop the spin, set up and throw with accuracy if caught off guard.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I don't think he stays in contact. From the time his toes are pointed to CF to finish, I think it gets iffy
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              I don't think he stays in contact. From the time his toes are pointed to CF to finish, I think it gets iffy
              To be the devil's advocate here I think that a lot of pitchers don't maintain contact either but are never called for it.

Comment

but they don't do all that shit
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  but they don't do all that shit
                  About the only weird thing that I remember was a pitcher who used to roll his eyes up towards the sky like that yo yo in that Kevin Costner movie Major League before he pitched the ball. He was pretty decent too. I think that he pitched for the Red Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    About the only weird thing that I remember was a pitcher who used to roll his eyes up towards the sky like that yo yo in that Kevin Costner movie Major League before he pitched the ball. He was pretty decent too. I think that he pitched for the Red Sox.
                    Didn’t Fernando Valenazula do that?

Comment

Valenzuela would roll his eyes skyward when his arms were at the top of his wind up. Often, all you could see were the whites of his eyes. I thought it looked pretty weird and it must have been somewhat distracting to batters.

Here's a list of 30 MLB pitchers with what is said to be the "quirkiest" motions. Unfortunately, there are video clips for only about half of them.

LINK:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...istory#slide14

Comment

Hideo Nomo used to drive me and every other Red Sox fan nuts with his crap. Every batter went to a 3-2 count and he'd walk about 10 guys a game. I think that he'd get guys out because they got bored to death at the plate and swing at some crap in the dirt. He'd never go more than 5 innings and it seemed like it took him 5 hours to get there. Man was I glad that he got traded even though he won a lot of games for them. I remember some of the other pitchers mentioned and they mostly "hid" the ball pretty well from hitters and were effective. This kid with the spin windup can probably get it over the plate but that's about it. He's going nowhere with that windup but it's got to be distracting as all hell watching it in college. It might be effective as a change of pace pitch in the majors I suppose. The thing that I remember most about Valenzuela was that he was about 45 years old and claimed that he was 27 when he came in from Mexico because they had no way to check his age. He was a good pitcher too and used to hit in the 300's. He should have stayed in the National League.

Comment

Luis Tiant's turn wasn't illegal or was it and they never made a stink about it?

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                            Luis Tiant's turn wasn't illegal or was it and they never made a stink about it?
                            While not as wild as this kid--- he did turn his back to the batter--- but I don't ever anybody calling that "too much Deception" .

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                              He also used to throw some no look fastballs on occasion from the stretch now that you mention it.

Comment

Working...
                              X