Geaux Saints Geaux !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
    Eagles basically have to win out and hope Dallas loses more than just against us. The latter may happen, but the former won't.
    I really can’t see it happening.
    Dallas has lots of young talented DBs that are all healthy and we have practice squad guys.
    Any chance we can get this Kris Richard guy to be our new D coordinator?
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

It looks like the worm has turned guys. The bastards are good.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

This year is just what it is ---- The FB Gods give-ith and take-ith away.

LMAO---- This is what is called the Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
          This year is just what it is ---- The FB Gods give-ith and take-ith away.

LMAO---- This is what is called the Ride!
          Screw the ride--------this is typical Eagle luck. We'll never see another one.

Comment

Maybe its just me but the Saints' D only gave up 13 points? The Cowboys on offense are not great! The Eagles are still in it! If and that's the big question if the Eagles get a win on Monday night then the division is there for them.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
              Maybe its just me but the Saints' D only gave up 13 points? The Cowboys on offense are not great! The Eagles are still in it! If and that's the big question if the Eagles get a win on Monday night then the division is there for them.
              Lets say that we beat the Skins monday and then beat the Cowboys. That is tough enough. But, it would still put us a game behind Dallas in the division going into the last 3 games.

Eagles Last 3
              ---------------
              Rams, Texans, Redskins

Cowboys Last 3
              ---------------
              Colts, Buccaneers, Giants

So, even if the Eagles win out, which is crazy thinking based on our schedule and injuries, Dallas would still have to lose to us and then lose to one of those teams on their remaining schedule.

If we even go 4-1 over the last 5, Dallas would have to lose to us and also 2 of the last 3.

That is all very, very, very unlikely. Last nights Cowboys win was huge for them in many ways. Damn Saints.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                Lets say that we beat the Skins monday and then beat the Cowboys. That is tough enough. But, it would still put us a game behind Dallas in the division going into the last 3 games.

Eagles Last 3
                ---------------
                Rams, Texans, Redskins

Cowboys Last 3
                ---------------
                Colts, Buccaneers, Giants

So, even if the Eagles win out, which is crazy thinking based on our schedule and injuries, Dallas would still have to lose to us and then lose to one of those teams on their remaining schedule.

If we even go 4-1 over the last 5, Dallas would have to lose to us and also 2 of the last 3.

That is all very, very, very unlikely. Last nights Cowboys win was huge for them in many ways. Damn Saints.
                If we beat the Skins and Cowboys we will both be 7-6 and we will own the tiebreaker (better division record) as long as we also beat the Skins in week 17.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Let Dallas have the division this year. We aren’t going anywhere this year and we need the higher draft picks to continue the retooling on defense and oline. Dallas will be crushed in the first round of the playoffs as usual but more importantly a division win will likely lead to Jeruh extending Dak and Garrett which assures us of their continued failure for the foreseeable future. Long term plan is more important than the division title gentlemen.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

We will also get a little bit of an easier schedule next year.... at least on paper.

Comment

Let’s all remember that you his is an offensive game now. The O still needs a lot of help on the Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        Let Dallas have the division this year. We aren’t going anywhere this year and we need the higher draft picks to continue the retooling on defense and oline. Dallas will be crushed in the first round of the playoffs as usual but more importantly a division win will likely lead to Jeruh extending Dak and Garrett which assures us of their continued failure for the foreseeable future. Long term plan is more important than the division title gentlemen.
                        I don't think that you have been listening to me Juk. First of all, this sounds like the typical conversations that we heard for 56 years, "wait until next year". Well "next year" finally came last year and it's time for the success to continue in Philadelphia. It doesn't continue when you go 7-9 and can't at least win your division. You heard Mike Wallace say that he left Baltimore and come here to win a championship for less money. Bennet said he wanted to come here for the same reason. If you throw a horseshit season right back at them what other free agent is going to view us as a "destination franchise"?

Comment

Do you really think we are going to be able to contend this year 60? I don’t. Too many injuries and too many holes.

Comment

Do you really think we are going to be able to contend this year 60? I don’t. Too many injuries and too many holes.
                            Honestly no I don't Juk, but to say let's lose to move up a slot in the draft just doesn't sit well with the organizational image that we had finally built.

The last 7 months have been a disaster for the franchise. As far as the draft goes so far we've thrown away a 3rd pick for next year along with not letting Dallas take Goedert and sitting back and drafting that monster MLB that they had to"settled for".

Comment

I’m not suggesting that we tank a la the 76ers... I’m just suggesting that there can be long term benefits if the cowboys win the division if we don’t. They won’t go anywhere except down.

Comment

I’m not suggesting that we tank a la the 76ers... I’m just suggesting that there can be long term benefits if the cowboys win the division if we don’t. They won’t go anywhere except down.
                                I agree with that obviously and will be happy next April if I'm still on the right side of the grass. I don't want to think of that now though..

Comment

Working...
                                X