Wentz out for rest of year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    The Philadelphia Eagles didn't receive good news regarding quarterback Carson Wentz's injured back on Thursday.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, Wentz's CT scan revealed a fractured vertebra that will fully heal if he's given time to rest.

Schefter added there will be a "continued evaluation of his back to determine if continuing to play this season will make the Philadelphia Eagles' starting quarterback's injury worse."
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Bench him now----- and when the fuck did this happen and how long has he been playing this way???? Somebody should F'ing know.

He was listed on the injury report as far back as week 7.

Comment

You would think a billion dollar organization would have done a CT scan in week 7. Not saying they didn't but you have to wonder …….
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Team medical staff back in the spotlight...

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          You would think a billion dollar organization would have done a CT scan in week 7. Not saying they didn't but you have to wonder …….
          If true--- gotta agree 100%. And if he had a problem, get it fixed then and not wait for 6 more games. Isn't that why we held on Foles. C'mon organization get with it.

Comment

Read a bunch on Wentz injury and also talked to a friend of mine who is a chiropractor. First this is not a major injury, with pain tolerance and stretching etc. these heal on their own. In fact a lot of football players actually play with this all the time.

My guess is this, if the Eagles would have beat Dallas Wentz would still be out there and playing this week. With the percentages being low of making the playoffs they decided to shut him down. Makes sense

Regroup in the offseason get him as well as the other 15 players on the IR healthy and FIX THE DAMN OFFENSIVE LINE so Wentz does not have to continually get beat up like he does
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              Read a bunch on Wentz injury and also talked to a friend of mine who is a chiropractor. First this is not a major injury, with pain tolerance and stretching etc. these heal on their own. In fact a lot of football players actually play with this all the time.

My guess is this, if the Eagles would have beat Dallas Wentz would still be out there and playing this week. With the percentages being low of making the playoffs they decided to shut him down. Makes sense

Regroup in the offseason get him as well as the other 15 players on the IR healthy and FIX THE DAMN OFFENSIVE LINE so Wentz does not have to continually get beat up like he does
              Sorry, but it is a concern! For me at least! This team needs Wentz at 100% ..... not almost ,,, not “not likely” to happen again,,,,, not overthrowing guys cause he is feeling it,,,, not having it his head, thinking about it. Yeah, but it is a big deal, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                Sorry, but it is a concern! For me at least! This team needs Wentz at 100% ..... not almost ,,, not “not likely” to happen again,,,,, not overthrowing guys cause he is feeling it,,,, not having it his head, thinking about it. Yeah, but it is a big deal, to me.
                Agree they need him 100% healthy and that is where this is going to go. After they lose to the Rams this week they will shut down Carson for the year he will be fine with the back by the time the offseason program starts.

To me the concern is keeping him healthy. Which means the offensive line (as you have been harping on all year). Which means better play calling (get him out of the pocket more so he is not taking as many hits), no designed run calls etc.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I agree with shutting him down now and waiting until his back is 100% before allowing him to even look at a football. Next question is Sudfield vs. Foles for the rest of the year. I agree we need to see what the kid has but the problem is our oline sucks! We simply can’t plug in backup players and evaluate him. The danger is that playing the backup to the backups on the offensive line (talking about Matila and Pryor) will have Sudfield running for his life when he isn’t being slammed to the ground. A couple of bad hits and his confidence may take years to repair. We need to think this through. I think we need to know what he can really become is critical, so keeping the starters in as long as possible may be our best bet if we want to know what we have in this kid.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

So much for frikin Mailata. He's hurt and he doesn't even play. Figures. Doug will probably be on it next week for getting bulldozed on the sideline.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                    X