• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ewok at it again

Zeke Elliott handcuffed but not charged in incident with security

May
    5/20/2019 1:31:34 PM
    |More
    Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott was handcuffed by security at a music festival in Las Vegas early Saturday morning, after shoving a security guard to the ground according to Darin Gantt of Pro Football Talk.com.

In video obtained by TMZSports.com, Elliott was seen having a heated discussion with his girlfriend. While that did not become physical, he did get into an altercation with a security guard, pushing him backward with his body and giving him a forearm into a metal gate, and then throwing his hands up and saying: “I didn’t do anything.”

Elliott was detained by security but was not charged. His attorney Frank Salzano said security "misconstrued and overreacted to the situation" and added, "“He was cuffed as a precautionary measure. He was released with no charges. He left Vegas that night and went to his [youth football camp in Dallas] on Sunday.”

This would likely be a nonissue for most players but not so for Elliott, who was investigated in 2017 for an incident with an ex-girlfriend that led to a six-game NFL suspension despite the fact that he never faced criminal charges. The NFL will undoubtedly investigate the Vegas incident further. Since the league’s personal conduct policy can be applied without criminal charges or finding of fault, Elliott could still face another suspension from Roger Goodell.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

If he assaulted the security guard on tape, there is definitely a chance he will get suspended for a few games, and if nothing else this is a little distraction for them to have to deal with.

Comment

What IS it with these players? I dont know if its due to the availability of the information or what, but it seems like there's more and more "altercations" involving players.
      I have a feeling this is going to continue and escalate to the point that sometime in the near future, we will all see video of some player writhing on the ground in agony after being tased..and wont Roger have a field day with that one?

Comment

Working...
      X