Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C'mon Dmac..this is getting embarassing

From Bleacher Report:
    Donovan McNabb believes he did enough during his 13-year NFL career to be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Speaking to TMZ Sports, McNabb said he should "absolutely" be a Hall of Famer and cited another notable NFC East quarterback who was elected.

"My numbers are better than Troy Aikman," he noted.
    Linkage: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...an-troy-aikman

Shaking my head. Embarrassing.

Comment

Come on guys, he was answering a question honestly. 5 should feel like that. He might not be HOF quality but he was damn good and the best the Eagles have ever had. Great athletes all feel like they belong. I can't believe how much people have turned on him since he left the Eagles. I'll admit that he does have a certain insecurity about himself though.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

60, I agree that he should think of himself like that but reality is that he is off the chart. Admittedly, Aikman had some great talent around him while McNabb did not however, even if McNabb was equal to Aikman talentwise, he was no where near him in ability to lead his team to winning. Not to say McNabb didn't provide some game winning drives but I know of no one who would compare his career with Aikman's. Personally I am borderline (leaning against) him even being in a HoF discussion.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          60, I agree that he should think of himself like that but reality is that he is off the chart. Admittedly, Aikman had some great talent around him while McNabb did not however, even if McNabb was equal to Aikman talentwise, he was no where near him in ability to lead his team to winning. Not to say McNabb didn't provide some game winning drives but I know of no one who would compare his career with Aikman's. Personally I am borderline (leaning against) him even being in a HoF discussion.
          I agree with everything that you said ND. I'm sure McNabb doesn't see it that way though. The thing that I admired the most about Aikman was how he would hang onto the ball until the very last second and then squeeze in an impossible throw. McNabb did that a lot too. In fact 5 would make an impossible laser throw that would wow you. Incredible. Then on the next play he'd throw a wormburner. I think that intangibles got Aikman in too. He was just such a leader. Of course he had a much better surrounding cast than McNabb ever had so that helped. I really think the thing that separated the two was between the ears. McNabb was spectacular while Aikman was clutch.

Still, the hate that he gets I just don't understand.

Comment

The best thing Donovan could possibly do is simply shut the fuck up. Keep your mouth out of the media. You made a hundred million freaking dollars. Stay home. Play golf. Whatever. Just stay out of the media spotlight. Every time you open your mouth you come off as a passive aggressive douch.

That said, even though their careers overlapped by a couple of seasons, they played in different eras. McNabb's stats were also inflated by the fact that he played under a coach who wanted the throw the ball 80% of the time. He was a very good player, but he's not HOF material.

Look Donovan, when the vast majority of fans of your own team don't think you're HOF, you're probably not. Let it go. You're not getting in, so STFU about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              The best thing Donovan could possibly do is simply shut the fuck up. Keep your mouth out of the media. You made a hundred million freaking dollars. Stay home. Play golf. Whatever. Just stay out of the media spotlight. Every time you open your mouth you come off as a passive aggressive douch.

That said, even though their careers overlapped by a couple of seasons, they played in different eras. McNabb's stats were also inflated by the fact that he played under a coach who wanted the throw the ball 80% of the time. He was a very good player, but he's not HOF material.

Look Donovan, when the vast majority of fans of your own team don't think you're HOF, you're probably not. Let it go. You're not getting in, so STFU about it.
              There's nothing wrong with answering yes but he should have left it at that. There are many QBs with better numbers than Aikman that aren't in the Hall. It's not all about numbers Donny.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                There's nothing wrong with answering yes but he should have left it at that. There are many QBs with better numbers than Aikman that aren't in the Hall. It's not all about numbers Donny.
                I think a big part of the reason why the city never really embraced Donovan was that they just flat didn't like his personality. Starting with the dirty thirty incident at the draft. He's just one of those guys that can't say "good morning" without coming across in an irritating manner. That whole passive aggressive, woe is me schtick just doesn't work. Of course I should be in the hall, I've got better numbers than Troy Aikman? You tell em' Donny Douchebag. That's pure McNabb right there. How about saying, "well, I feel I should get in. My numbers are really good, had some good success, etc." McNabb's problem has never been what he says, it's how he says it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                  I think a big part of the reason why the city never really embraced Donovan was that they just flat didn't like his personality. Starting with the dirty thirty incident at the draft. He's just one of those guys that can't say "good morning" without coming across in an irritating manner. That whole passive aggressive, woe is me schtick just doesn't work. Of course I should be in the hall, I've got better numbers than Troy Aikman? You tell em' Donny Douchebag. That's pure McNabb right there. How about saying, "well, I feel I should get in. My numbers are really good, had some good success, etc." McNabb's problem has never been what he says, it's how he says it.

And then there's Owens.

Comment

This is why I never liked
                    Mcnabb. He was always just so disingenuous about everything. He was all about his personal brand. (That affliction hurt a lot of people in the post Jordan era, not just dmac.)

Remember this is the dude whose father asked for a financial apology. Apple. Tree.

Comment

Embarrassing is right. For a guy who spent a long time in the NFL, you’d think he’d know when he needs to give one of those diplomatic “non-answer” answers.
                      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

He doesn't vote and what he says publicly can only hurt him. He does rub some people wrong and when he says stupid stuff about Wentz you just shake the head. There is a tiny voice inside me that says that he was probably upset the eagles won the superbowl without him at the helm. Just a hunch.

Comment

Working...
                        X