Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First casualty is Kamu

Report: Eagles LB Kamu Grugier-Hill suffers Grade 3 MCL tear

Not super great for the linebacker/special teams player.

By Alexis Chassen@Lovelybuckeye Aug 3, 2019, 8:06pm EDT

NFL: Philadelphia Eagles-Minicamp
    Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports
    Eagles head coach Doug Pederson had been singing his praises just hours ago, but reports are now claiming linebacker Kamu Grugier-Hill suffered a Grade 3 MCL tear at training camp practice on Saturday.

Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo #Eagles LB Kamu Grugier-Hill suffered a Grade 3 MCL sprain in practice today, sources say. That’s not the best news but also not the worst for the projected starter who has been impressive of late. He’ll likely miss some regular-season time but should be back relatively early.

Pederson initially called it a “lower body injury” but those at training camp noted it was obviously a knee injury after Grugier-Hill went down on Saturday.

Brandon Lee Gowton

@BrandonGowton
    Kamu Grugier-Hill gingerly limping off the field. #Eagles

11:06 AM - Aug 3, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    17 people are talking about this
    He was then carted to the medical tent, but then proceeded to walk around afterward, although that doesn’t always mean good things — as in this case. Although, it could have been a lot worse, and doesn’t appear like it will keep him sidelined too long into the regular season.

Defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz also lauded the linebacker’s development over the past couple years and was excited for his potential this season.

“But I think Kamu over the course of the last two years, has become better versus blockers, he’s become more of a physical presence inside. I mean, everybody knows the athletic ability that he had, but he was always sort of considered a hybrid player or a light player, I think he’s taking a big step to being a full-time linebacker.

And when I say full-time, I don’t mean being on the field all the time. But I mean can play inside, can play outside, can take on a guard, can step up and fill a run play — all those kind of things. His understanding of defenses is really good too.”

The Eagles did bring in a few new linebackers this offseason, including Zach Brown and L.J. Fort, but we’ll have to wait until preseason games start on Thursday to see how well they are adjusting and understanding Philly’s defense before assessing how well they might fill in for Grugier-Hill until his return.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Damn that is too bad but it happens. He is among a handful of Eagle third year players that really step into their own or find themselves lifelong journeymen. From accounts it sounded like he was ready to make some noise.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Only 6-8 week injury.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

We have more linebackers hurt than healthy ones at the moment.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
        X