No announcement yet.

Peters 2 torn ligaments ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys this is going to be a very unpopular opinion but long term finding out about Big V is not a bad thing.

The best QBs - and we think Wentz is one right - keep rolling no matter what. Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees... they get the ball out fast and accurately. They know where the rush is coming from.

It’s possible Doug calls the game differently and we keep rolling.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      Guys this is going to be a very unpopular opinion but long term finding out about Big V is not a bad thing.

The best QBs - and we think Wentz is one right - keep rolling no matter what. Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Brees... they get the ball out fast and accurately. They know where the rush is coming from.

We just need to survive and maybe we can. I hope it's V but it might even be somebody else. I think that the Birds will help him as you mentioned AW. What the heck they change their whole offense every week anyway. Doug and his guys are awesome with the offense. Too bad that we don't have a home run hitter in the backfield though. I think Smallwood is our best back but he gets hurt more than Mathews did.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I agree. I think big V will be fine at LT and if not, we at least know what we need going forward.
        As long as Wentz doesn't go down, we have a shot. Look how much Brady is getting hit this year and they still keep rolling.

The Hicks (and Kendricks) injuries worry me more than Peters. I think we need to steal a LB from someone's practice squad because Walker and Goode and basically special teams guys. Maybe Bradham can play MLB.

I said last night, that our D line is playing so well vs the run, that I think we could play nickel or dime on just about every down and dare teams to run against us. We can't trust Goode or Walker to cover anybody.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Spur
          That’s a GREAT point. Nate Gerry fits that undersized LB role that could be the hybrid Deone Buchanan type of player.

Brutal honesty here... I see guys like Walker and Gerry and I immediately think slower and less athletic because of skin tone but maybe given some time they will be up to the task.
          Gerry especially.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Grugier-Hill has been terrific on STs. He's sure athletic enough. I wonder what he'd be like on the field?

Comment

Spur
              Brutal honesty here... I see guys like Walker and Gerry and I immediately think slower and less athletic because of skin tone but maybe given some time they will be up to the task.
              Gerry especially.
              LOL. I hate to admit it. But, I was guilty of thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                No! Ugh!

So does Lane flip to LT and Big V at RT?
                just my opinion, but don't weaken 2 spots, roll with big V at LT
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Certainly Pederson/Stoutland have a much better handle but I also thought he looks okay at LT. I have no problem at all if he winds up there. For me the bigger question right now is reshuffling the depth chart. Who will step in if either Lane or V go down; can that be the same person or will Lane have to move to the left side.
                  Supposedly they have been using a lot of different blocking schemes and maybe a different scheme for the same play sometimes. Can someone pick that up who hasn't been here all year or will it limit the blocking schemes, etc.
                  Lots of questions but fortunately they are at home with SF this week and Den next; while not a gimme it is better than going into LA this week.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

I'm in the "flip em" group.

1. Better blindside blocking for the franchise
                    2. V and Wiz next to each other just isn't good.

I understand if they stick with LJ on the right. I'll just be more worried if they do

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                      just my opinion, but don't weaken 2 spots, roll with big V at LT
                      I agree.

Comment

I'm okay with keeping Big V at LT but you better give him some help (Brent Celek or a RB). We'll see what they come up with for Sunday.
                        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Lane can play either side, so I guess put Big V where he is most comfortable, and definitely give him some help. Dougie is going to have to factor him into the game plan for sure.

Comment

I would keep V on the left. He seems more comfortable there. This will have an effect on the offense. Keeping a TE or RB in to help block will of course reduce the number of play makers available, but we need to protect Wentz. I would really like to see what's out there for a 2019 3rd or 4th. Cordy Glenn from Buffalo? Staley from SF? Maybe Branden Albert as FA? Also need help at LB. In-house options are weak.
                            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Johnson isn't ready to play LT right now. Why weaken 2 positions with guys like Von Miller playing on his side anyway?

Comment

Hopefully they can work a trade before the deadline. This team has surprised everyone with the start (I bet even Jeff & Doug are surprised) and this may be a scenario where going for it merits considerable thought. With the packers out, the cowboys losing the Ewok for 6 games and the Falcons not looking like they did last year, the Birds have an opening. I would look to find an LT trade partner and do it. There may not be an easier path to the big game in the decade to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X