No announcement yet.

Peters 2 torn ligaments ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kendricks staying healthy for 3 more months is a big question mark. If he can we should be in good shape.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Guys the big thing is sometimes guys just need a chance. Who is to say that Goode or Hill cannot be good enough? Give them all the reps in practice and challenge them as men and see what happens. They might surprise us.

Did anyone think Hicks was going to be this good? I didn't. I HATED the Hicks pick when we made it. I thought he was an undersized run and tackle type of guy, not the player he ended up being.

Let's just give these guys a chance.

Shoot Joe Walker might be better than we think given the time to grow in the system and getting more reps in practice. Practice time matters to these guys. I think we get so caught up in what we see on the field without factoring in practice reps.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
        Guys the big thing is sometimes guys just need a chance. Who is to say that Goode or Hill cannot be good enough? Give them all the reps in practice and challenge them as men and see what happens. They might surprise us.

Did anyone think Hicks was going to be this good? I didn't. I HATED the Hicks pick when we made it. I thought he was an undersized run and tackle type of guy, not the player he ended up being.

Let's just give these guys a chance.

Shoot Joe Walker might be better than we think given the time to grow in the system and getting more reps in practice. Practice time matters to these guys. I think we get so caught up in what we see on the field without factoring in practice reps.
        I agree AW. Hill seems to have all of the tools too. I wonder if he's just a slow blinker?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          I agree AW. Hill seems to have all of the tools too. I wonder if he's just a slow blinker?
          Hill looks undersized to me. Not sure what he weighs but I would guess in the 220-225 range.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I missed most of the first half Monday and just watched it. You guys are not kidding when you say Walker and Goode were lost. We need outside help! Yes, they may be better with some reps, but our opponents will also put in plays to take advantage of weak LB play. Does Schwartz have any buddies he hasn't brought over yet?
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

This covers things pretty well fly. They played mostly nickel and dime in the second half and did a lot of things with Jenkins as they played 3 safeties with McLeod over the top dropping and Jenkins down most of the time. He was his usual awesome self! Walker only got 11 snaps Monday. I don't think this can be a full time solution though but it was a nice adjustment by Schwartz.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...b-2b989e1ee972

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                I’m sorry but I don’t see Peters as a first ballot hall of famer. Very good tackle, great guy and team leader but not first ballot.
                Dawkins even McNabb are more deserving Eagles.
                For the last eight years, all I’ve seen the guy do is shut down every edge rusher from the left side and maul people in the run game- yes I’m biased but I have heard him referred to as the best LT in the game for those eight years.

Dawk should make it especially since John Lynch made it. McNabbs resume will always be compared to QBs who’ve won SBs- that’s just the way they vote.

Comment

About Vitai, one thing I’ve noticed from the Eagle podcasters is almost all of them think Vitai can fill in easily into LT. I hope they’re right.

Comment

Agree WC. V got spanked his first game when he went against Kerrigan. I wholeheartedly would agree that he is a pro and should have handled it but I feel he was as any first timer would be and that is overwhelmed. He has shown better since then. I'm not putting him in the HoF but I think he will show better than people think
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

What other option do they realistically have?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        What other option do they realistically have?
                        King Dunlap is floating around out there 😁

Comment

Birds have a shot to win the NFC this year. They will also have a hole at OT going forward bc of Peters' age and injury. I think they need to bring help from the outside for a mid-round pick in 18/19 and take their shot this year. Maybe V will be fine - maybe - but what if he gets nicked even a little bit? Can't imagine it would take the world to get Joe Staley, for example, and I think Howie will. I would really like to see another LB brought in as well. Still think Dullass will be our main competition, even if they just get in as a wild card.
                          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Maybe they did call Albert?

The reason Branden Albert is not an option for linemen-needy Miami Dolphins
                            BY ADAM H. BEASLEY
                            [email protected]

It seems like a perfect fit, right?

Dolphins linemen are falling like leaves.

Branden Albert is a free agent.

So why hasn’t there been a reunion in Miami?

Because Albert, the former Pro Bowl left tackle, truly is retired.

A league source tells the Miami Herald that Albert has no desire to play anymore.

That explains his behavior in Jacksonville, who traded for Albert in the spring, only to see him announce his retirement at the start of training camp.

He tried to return to football two weeks later, but that might have been for financial reasons. Jacksonville could have recouped $3.4 million in signing bonus money. The Jaguars initially placed Albert on the reserve/retired list, meaning the Jaguars would have retained his rights if he elected to play again, but then was ultimately cut.

Albert is free to sign with any team that offers him a contract, but those familiar with the situation say he is done with football.

That could explain why Dolphins coach Adam Gase dismissed the idea of signing Albert when asked a few weeks back.

But it’s not like the Dolphins couldn’t use the help. They are without starting left guard Ted Larsen until November and waived Kraig Urbik with an injury designation on Saturday.

If Albert were to return to the Dolphins, it would likely be as a backup or a guard. There’s no question that Laremy Tunsil, who missed Sunday’s practice due to personal issue, is the Dolphins’ Week 1 left tackle.

Adam H. Beasley: 305-376-3565, @AdamHBeasley

Comment

Working...
                            X