X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It happened, it's over.

Feel free to correct me.

It was a bad loss. I'm over it.

I'll bet the Eagles are looking forward to playing the Giants again. I doubt the Giants are looking forward to playing the Eagles again.

FACTS:

The Eagles OL and DL dominated the Giants.

The Giants got EVERY bounce.

The Giants NEEDED EVERY bounce they got.

The Eagles are a MUCH better team than the Giants.

The Giants win was a fluke.

It's time to move on to the next game.

Comment

We'll all get over it, but the main FACT is that we choked big time.

I hate the giants with every fiber of my being, but we're not much better than them, fluke win or not.

Comment

What's over is Kears's season.

Possibly Hood's as well, and if we don't find a decent corner or two, our season.

Fuck this game. Yeah, it's over. It's just one game. What I'm worried obout is our damned season!

So Gimme that drink Vin, I hope it's whiskey.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

no.

the eagles 'dominated' for 3 quarters.

they had more fire, more excitement, more energy, and more skill out there.

mcnabb looked like a top nfl qb, stallworth looked like a top nfl wr, westbrook looked like a top nfl rb who had nothing wrong with his knee, lj looked like the best te in the nfl, the dline looked gang greenish;

eli looked like a little boy, tiki looked very unspecial, the eagles wr wre nonexistant, and shockey was an afterthought.

and then everything came to a screeching halt, turned around the other direction, and stormed back up our asses.

not a good feeling, and i'm not ready to move on.

part of me feels sorry already for the 49ers, who very well could be decapitated next week if this team has the attitude we all thought they did.
          Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

What I take from this loss:

1) The Giants have a newfound confidence when we had them buried. The Eagles blew it. We might win the next game against the Giants. But, you won't see the domination we had in the 1st 3 quarters. That edge is gone.

2) Our DL just took a HUGE hit with Kearse going out for the year (you know it will happen). We had this beautiful 2 line rotation thing that was happening. But, we won't see that the rest of this year.

3) Our secondary is already banged up with Lito and Hood.

4) We have lost 7 divisional games in a row.

5) I have lost all faith in the football Gods when it comes to injuries. The Cowboys were somehow able to win all those super bowls without losing key players to injury. Why can't this happen to us ?

6) The Eagles are still a good team. But, they looked like they were really something special until the wheels came off.

Comment

Kearse being out will hurt, however as we all know going into the season, DL was one of our strengths, so "we'll be ok there."

As far as DBs, losing Hood hurts. I guess they will call up Strickland.

Doesn't matter what the spread is next week or the over. Take the Eagles and the over...I expect a drubbing in SF...49-10 or something ridiculous like that.
              The Shack - Santa Monica, CA - LA's Home for Philadelphia Eagles Football

Comment

Working...
              X