Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck are they going to pay Carson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is certainly lots of talk about how Wentz is going to be health wise. I would say anyone who follows the birds, and the bird's staff themselves, would say they don't want Wentz doing some of the things he did previously although they won't say they want to 'change' the way he plays the game. But all one has to do is look at some of the things they are doing with the roster; IMM a concerted effort to give him help on third down and in the red zone. The RB situation wasn't good and they went out to get Howard, a guy who can get third downs and goal line TDs. That should curtail some of Wentz' running. They also added Miles from PSU to hopefully move the chains. They have, or should have, a strong TE presence with Ertz/Goedert being among the biggest/strongest TE combos in the league. Again a third down and a goal line force both in blocking and receiving. Add in Jeffrey and now another big receiver in Whiteside and you can see another good choice is available on third down or in the red zone. I can easily hear Doug & Co telling him he has no reason to scramble/run so much with all of these options. Let's see how it plays out.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      Easy 60. Let’s not compare Wentz to JP.
      Don't you remember saying that we should trade him and take a bunch of picks for him a few weeks ago when the topic came up instead of giving him the $30million? EB was on board with that too. I told you guys that you were crazy and we just chalked it up to a bad day lol. Anyway, you know that I'm just playing with you Bud. I can be a ball buster at times as you all know. Sometimes we just have to liven the place up.
      Last edited by Eagle60; 05-12-2019, 01:51 AM.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        There is certainly lots of talk about how Wentz is going to be health wise. I would say anyone who follows the birds, and the bird's staff themselves, would say they don't want Wentz doing some of the things he did previously although they won't say they want to 'change' the way he plays the game. But all one has to do is look at some of the things they are doing with the roster; IMM a concerted effort to give him help on third down and in the red zone. The RB situation wasn't good and they went out to get Howard, a guy who can get third downs and goal line TDs. That should curtail some of Wentz' running. They also added Miles from PSU to hopefully move the chains. They have, or should have, a strong TE presence with Ertz/Goedert being among the biggest/strongest TE combos in the league. Again a third down and a goal line force both in blocking and receiving. Add in Jeffrey and now another big receiver in Whiteside and you can see another good choice is available on third down or in the red zone. I can easily hear Doug & Co telling him he has no reason to scramble/run so much with all of these options. Let's see how it plays out.
        He's got to go down as soon as somebody is within 10 yards of him ND. Take the first down and bail. He can learn that easy enough but getting pounded in the pocket is more dangerous IMO. I'm not thrilled about Sanders learning how to learn on my dime either and getting Wentz killed. Fortunately Howard excels in this area.

Comment

I think the Eagles would like to get something done sooner, rather than later. They're going to roll the dice on his health. They're all in at this point, so they might as well do a deal if they can.

That said, I think it'd definitely much harder to maintain the roster when you are spending so much money on one position. You better draft really well, and you better have some guys that are outperforming their contracts. Give the QB a huge deal, a couple of other guys get huge deals, it's the nature of the game, but it trickles down the roster, and makes it harder to not end up with holes in the bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
            I think the Eagles would like to get something done sooner, rather than later. They're going to roll the dice on his health. They're all in at this point, so they might as well do a deal if they can.

That said, I think it'd definitely much harder to maintain the roster when you are spending so much money on one position. You better draft really well, and you better have some guys that are outperforming their contracts. Give the QB a huge deal, a couple of other guys get huge deals, it's the nature of the game, but it trickles down the roster, and makes it harder to not end up with holes in the bucket.
            Or you just keep on kicking the cam down the road. I'm not sure that it ends EB.

Comment

The longer they wait.......

June '16: Andrew Luck, $24.6M
              June '17: Derek Carr, $25.0M
              Sept. '17: Matthew Stafford, $27.0M
              Feb. '18: Jimmy Garoppolo, $27.5M
              March '18: Kirk Cousins, $28.0M
              May '18: Matt Ryan, $30.0M
              Aug. '18: Aaron Rodgers, $33.5M
              April '19: Russell Wilson, $35.0M

Comment

IMHO You can’t just look at that list and the numbers. You have to know if it is the players 2nd contract, 3rd, etc

Ryan, Rogers, Wilson are 3rd contracts and not just run of the mill 30 mil plus because it’s 2019. No offense to Wentz, they are all better QBs than him as well. At least now at this point of his first contract after the set rookie one

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                  IMHO You can’t just look at that list and the numbers. You have to know if it is the players 2nd contract, 3rd, etc

Ryan, Rogers, Wilson are 3rd contracts and not just run of the mill 30 mil plus because it’s 2019. No offense to Wentz, they are all better QBs than him as well. At least now at this point of his first contract after the set rookie one

Not according to his agent!!

Comment

How much per year may come down to how long the contract is. I think he gets average 28-30 and it may be a 6 year deal.

When healthy he is a top 5 QB in this league. Remember you are paying just as much if not more for what you think will be his production as much as what his production has been.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      [/B]

Not according to his agent!!
                      Well, color me shocked!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X