Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would Farmer let himself be used like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would Farmer let himself be used like this?

Ray Farmer among Texans' GM candidates

Jun
    6/9/2019 8:12:19 AM
    |More
    The first of many candidates the Texans are considering as a replacement for fired general manager Brian Gaine is former Cleveland Browns' general manager Ray Farmer, who was fired after the 2015 season, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle reports.

The Texans' interest in Farmer was first reported by Ian Rapoport. Farmer was in Houston on Saturday to be interviewed.

Farmer satisfies the Rooney Rule that says teams must interview minority candidates. He was fired after two years as the Browns' general manager after the NFL fined the team $250,000 for sending text messages to coaches during games, a violation of league rules.

Farmer, 44, spent seven years at Kansas City as director of player personnel and one as the Browns' assistant general manager before being promoted.

Among the other possible candidates are New England director of player personnel Nick Caserio, Patriots' director of college scouting Monti Ossenfort, former Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie and former Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Theredzone.org
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

? Do you think they are doing it while they already know that they won't hire him and do you think he is interviewing even though he knows they won't hire him? I have no idea of who is who in Houston but Farmer may well be a serious candidate. I'm asking because I guess I just don't know.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Does he actually think somebody is serious about hiring him to run their franchise after that fiasco he put together in Cleveland LOL?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
      X