Corey Dillon Hurts the Patriots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Dillon Hurts the Patriots

This team is built on a team concept and the PATS will make an effort to use DILLON too much and get away from what made them successful.

SPREADING THE BALL.

I respect what NE has done...since the EAGLES can't seem to do it...but I wonder if Getting Dillon was such a great move.

I guess the same can be said about TO though...
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

I just think if they can have any kind of run game this year they will be improved. Bellicheck, just like Reid should be able to control their respective "trouible makers"
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Bellichick has forged a nice little track record for himself so i will defer to him and assume that he'll manage to spread the ball enough to be successful.

Comment

Here's the important question: How does being in NE change Corey Dillon's fantasy draft status? He was always a great RB but you couldn't take him cause the Bengals sucked. Then the Bengals turned it around under Lewis and he sucked.

2nd Rounder?
        Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasy Guru
          Here's the important question: How does being in NE change Corey Dillon's fantasy draft status? He was always a great RB but you couldn't take him cause the Bengals sucked. Then the Bengals turned it around under Lewis and he sucked.

2nd Rounder?
          He definitely moves up the boards. I wouldn't put him in the top tier, but definitely at the head of the second tier class.

Comment

I think Dillon could have a great year. He needed a change of scenery. Antowain Smith was so terrible, and yet he was successful in NE. Personally, I will stay away from Dillon because he NEVER puts up good fantasy #s. Has he ever?

Comment

Dillon

Corey Dillon is NOT a great RB and never has been. Sure, he's had some incredible GAMES, but how many great SEASONS has he put up?

I'll give you a hint. It's a whole number that is less than 1.

Now he's not only a middle of the road talent, but he's old. Has anyone watched the mini vids of him running in practice? He runs and moves stiffly and slowly.

Is he an upgrade from Smith? That can't even be said with any certainty.

The only thing that IS certain is that Dillon has always been selfish and disruptive. He is the antithesis of the kind of player that NE has built its recent success upon. Signing him was a huge mistake.

Comment

Come on Tom, how was Dillon ever going to have a great season playing for the Bungles? Last year was the first time Cinci looked like a real NFL team and he was hurt and then he had that minor car accident with an overturned chicken truck or something.

Comment

Dillon

How did Tomlinson pull it off? What about Walter Payton through most of his career?

But even if you were right and he was failing because of the team, he's washed up, now. His body can't be relied on to survive a full NFL season anymore.

You admit that the Bungles improved last year, yet Dillon's per carry average was tied for the lowest of his career. His yards per catch were the second lowest of his career.

He also fumbles too damn much. That's no one's fault but his own.

Dillon is grossly overhyped, based on a few extraordinary games. People look at his few shining moments and still love him for his potential. Unfortunately, that potential that no longer exists.

If you want to hang your hat on Dillon's ability, cool. But he's one player I wouldn't want on my team, even as a back up.

Comment

Biggie I don't know how you and Tom can say that. He is absolutely an upgrade fromSmith. If they can keep his mouth under control he'll be an complete upgrade.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Although i will agree that he has to get his ego under control or he'll be a disruption. I have no doubt that he won't be there long if he shows that side of himself again.

Comment

I went with Dillon as my keeper despite all the negativity from Tom about him. I get the feeling it's gonna be a great year for him.

Comment

Is he better than Smith? Only marginally. Smith's career yds per carry and yds per catch are each .4 yds worse than Dillon's. They both fumble too often.

I never said he was worse than Smith, so don't pretend that I did.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care who is kept by who in what keeper league.

Comment

His numbers may be similar to Smiths but he has played on a team that has always sucked and tanks it late in the year. Being on a winning team will, IMO help him become a better player. Again it all comes down to his mental state and how much he is willing to become a team player. If he buys into that mentality he's going to become a very good player in the next to seasons. Guru - I like the move of keeping him. Theres more upside to him than most people are willing to admit.

Comment

Playing on a "winning team" won't make any difference, because the Pats' O line is a weak run blocking unit. But, go ahead, keep making excuses for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X