Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great examples of slide protections, screens and runs using it. This offense is going to be fun to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great examples of slide protections, screens and runs using it. This offense is going to be fun to

FILED UNDER:
    NFL ANALYSIS AND PLAY BREAKDOWNS

EAGLES FILM REVIEW

What Doug Pederson will (and can’t) steal from the Kyle Shanahan offense
    What are the Eagles trying to pull from Kyle Shanahan’s San Francisco offense?

By Benjamin Solak@BenjaminSolak May 20, 2020, 8:18am EDT

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...agles-nfl-news
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I like a lot of these concepts. But, I still feel like they didn't just draft Hurts to back up Wentz. They didn't really say anything about incorporating him into the offense, and I'm hoping that they have some real innovative concepts in that area. Not just stealing stuff from Shanahan. That's not innovation to me, that's just copying from someone else's playbook. Let's see about making more use of this two guys on the field who can throw the football stuff. Create some packages, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
      I like a lot of these concepts. But, I still feel like they didn't just draft Hurts to back up Wentz. They didn't really say anything about incorporating him into the offense, and I'm hoping that they have some real innovative concepts in that area. Not just stealing stuff from Shanahan. That's not innovation to me, that's just copying from someone else's playbook. Let's see about making more use of this two guys on the field who can throw the football stuff. Create some packages, etc.
      Our line's strength is it's mobility. Hopefully this slide protection will keep him from taking a beating. I think Shanny brings a lot to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
        Our line's strength is it's mobility. Hopefully this slide protection will keep him from taking a beating. I think Shanny brings a lot to the table.
        I agree. It's a copy cat league. There's nothing wrong with taking elements from someone else's playbook, and working them into your offense. But, it's not innovation. The Eagles spent a 2nd round draft pick on a guy with a unique skill set, and I'd like to see them get creative, and use him.

Comment

I feel there are very few new and unique things. Most are variations or little twists on current plays. Guys who can make it look like one thing but put a change in the actual play can be successful by throwing the other team off. I agree with EB that I would like to see them be creative but I don't think changing QBs every other series or something like that is worthwhile. People have to get in the flow of the game. But I would like to see them line up in the shotgun with two QBs in the backfield. They can run a handful of plays from that formation which would open up the playbook
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            but I don't think changing QBs every other series or something like that is worthwhile.
            That is definitely not something I'm advocating. Wentz is the QB. But, Hurts is a guy that you can line up in the backfield as a RB, or as an H back, or put him in the slot, etc. There are a lot of possibilities there, they just need to design the plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
              That is definitely not something I'm advocating. Wentz is the QB. But, Hurts is a guy that you can line up in the backfield as a RB, or as an H back, or put him in the slot, etc. There are a lot of possibilities there, they just need to design the plays.
              I don't know EB. I think that speculation is blown way over the top. If we keep all of the speed that we drafted the only trickplay that he might run is a wildcat play or too.

Comment

Working...
              X