Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of the injuries are because of our defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of the injuries are because of our defense?

I wonder what the biggest contributing factor is to the injuries we have each year.

Are they because our defense is so f'in tough and mean that they are naturally going to hurt our offense when they have to play each other so many times during training camp?

Are they because AR pushes them too hard with so many contact drills?

Are they because players are not in the proper shape at the beginning of camp or they dont stretch those hammys right?

I tend to lean a little toward the defensive players we have probably causing many of the injuries. I know that Reed, Dawkins and Trotter have laid alot of wood this camp. Fortunately, their recipients have survived. But what about the running backs? Are they getting blasted? Are there too many runs in practice that lead into the pile, which leads to more opportunities for injuries? Or is it just a result of just so many more run plays, which ultimately add to injuries? Or are all those "big back" theorists right that big backs don't get hurt as much?

I can't wait to get away from all of this hitting in camp. I think we will be fine if we can get through with just the "out for a week or two" type of injuries. BTW, I did not ask about what caused the types of injuries that Reed and McDougle had last year.
    Pedro

We haven't had that many crippling training camp injuries. Last year's debacle was an abberration, in previous years, there was a key injury late in each season, but other than Buckhalter and Burgess (who've proven themselves injury prone above and beyond typical) how many key players have suffered training camp injuries that impacted them in the early season? I really don't think it's any worse than anyone else.

Even this season, the Eagles have found themselves in a bad situation at RB, but other than that it's been pretty much just Pinkston and McDougle (who's also much more injury prone than usual), and maybe Hood, pending updates. Seems like a lot, but I don't think it's much more than average.

Comment

Westy was hurt during a game.
      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Isn't it Walker and McDougle that have busted ribs?? Maybe it's our OL beating up on our D instead?
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Tend to agree with IMK. This year , sooooo far, we have had onlyminor dings. And most of it was not from our own D.

Bentley, Done, Greenway done. already and several more seasons are alreadyover.

Westy, was hurt in a game as was Perry. Moats was a pile up I think. Pinky is residual from last year and, well, it's seems mostly to be foot and ankle stuff--- which would lead me to believe that they need to take a look at footwear for 300 lb men.

But whatever, I don't see this as more than average so far.

Comment

Working...
          X