Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Killing

Is anyone watching this series?

I missed out on Rubicon and the Walking Dead. I wanted to catch an AMC series b/c apparently everything they do is award-winning.

Its not that bad, they do a good job of leading you to a conclusion only to kind of squash it and lead you another direction.

What's it about?

I'm currently watching Game of Thrones. Much better than Camelot, which I heard might get cancelled.

Comment

What channel is Game of Thrones?

The killing "centers" (but its more ensemble) around a police detective in a town outside of Seattle and on her last day there is a missing teenage girl, they end up finding her dead in the trunk of a city councilman's car in a lake. So her boss wont let her quit until she solves the case.

There are a lot of shady characters and maybe the girl isn't so "innocent"

Its not bad, after Bob's Burgers theres nothing good on sunday nights.

Comment

Killing = good. I'll keep watching.

Game of Thrones - I watched the first episode last night. Let me preface by saying I saw some lackluster reviews of it so I went in with low expectations. I thought it was damn good!

Comment

Sean Bean is good in Game of Thrones.

it's on HBO.

Comment

GOT dragged for me last night until the end. Still liking it. Haven't watched last night's "The Killing" but still enjoying it as well.

Comment

i'm a sucker for good fantasy. it's very rarely done well.

Last night's episode did drag on but the ending was fantastic.

I still havent figured out whether to trust Sir Tommy Carcetti.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

I still havent figured out whether to trust Sir Tommy Carcetti.
                It drove me nuts for half the first episode he was in before I could place him. It's weird to see him in that role (not sure what to make of him). The ending was good. When Bram remembers, all hell is gonna break loose.

Since this is a dual thread - the Killing is still worth watching but they need to pick up the pace. Any idea how many episodes each of these seasons 1s are going to have?
                Last edited by stevemc; 05-13-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I assume you never read the books steve? (I didn't either.)

If Game of Thrones is a huge success, there could be 6+ seasons if each season is a book.

I've completely soured on camelot. It's just really bad.

Comment

Never watched Camelot. Nope - haven't read the books.

Comment

Working...
                    X