No announcement yet.

2011 EFO NFL Mock Draft - "Don't Lock Me Out" Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we've got 2 for DE Clayborn, 2 for Aldon Smith.
    Anybody else? We need a tie-breaker so we can finish off this mock. Let's roll Lads!
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
      So we've got 2 for DE Clayborn, 2 for Aldon Smith.
      Anybody else? We need a tie-breaker so we can finish off this mock. Let's roll Lads!
      FWIW, I like Smith over Clayburn.

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
        The advancement of civilization is like a zero-sum game; whatever we gain in one area, we lose in another.
        The older I get the more I've come to believe that, as humans, we usually end up losing more than we gain (one way or another) from many technological advances.

The great picture of Pete Rozelle brings home the irony that, even with all the tremendous growth and electronic advances in today's NFL, as far as the man occupying the office of the Commish, Goodell amounts to little more than a pimple om Rozelle's ass.

Comment

Was Tom Nobis legit?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Nobis

Who dude had 294 tackles in one season. LOL. Nice stat keeping:

NFL career
          In 1965, Tommy Nobis became the first player ever drafted by the expansion Atlanta Falcons [1] as well as the second linebacker to be chosen first overall when he was taken with the #1 pick in the 1966 NFL Draft on November 27, 1965. The Houston Oilers also drafted him in the American Football League Draft. This presented a dilemma and also sparked a debate that reached as far as outer space when Frank Borman, an astronaut aboard Gemini 7, talked back to earth with the message, "tell Nobis to sign with Houston." Tommy Nobis instead signed with Atlanta on December 14, 1965 and became the first ever member of the Atlanta Falcons. This culminated in the nickname "Mr. Falcon".[1]

Tommy Nobis joined the Falcons for their inaugural season in 1966. That season he won the league's NFL Rookie of the Year, was voted to the Pro Bowl and amassed an unprecedented 294 combined tackles which still stands today as the team's all-time single-season record,[1] and is unofficially the most tackles ever credited to one player, in a season, in NFL history. In eleven professional seasons he led the Falcons in tackles nine times, went to five Pro Bowls (one in 1972 after two knee surgeries), was named All-Pro twice and was chosen for the NFL's "All-Decade Team" for the 1960s. Miami Dolphins great, running back Larry Csonka commented, "I'd rather play against Dick Butkus than Nobis," and Falcon's coach Norm Van Brocklin once pointed to Nobis' locker and proclaimed, "There's where our football team dresses."

Nobis is a member of the Atlanta Falcons' Ring of Honor and his #60 was the first number retired by the team. No other Falcons player has ever worn the number.[1]
          Last edited by BIGPHILLY; 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Here is the complete first round from that year (1966):

1 1 Tommy Nobis Falcons LB Texas
            1 1 Jim Grabowski Dolphins RB Illinois
            2 2 Tom Mack Rams G Michigan
            3 3 Dick Leftridge Steelers RB West Virginia
            4 4 Randy Beisler Eagles DE Indiana
            5 5 John Niland Cowboys G Iowa
            6 6 Charlie Gogolak Redskins K Princeton
            7 7 Jerry Shary Vikings T Purdue
            8 8 Carl McAdams Cardinals LB Oklahoma
            9 9 Jim Grabowski Packers RB Illinois
            10 10 Francis Peay Giants T Missouri
            11 11 Stan Hindman 49ers T Mississippi
            12 12 George Rice Bears DT Louisiana State
            13 13 Gale Gillingham Packers T Minnesota
            14 14 Milt Morin Browns TE Massachusetts
            15 15 Sam Ball Colts T Kentucky
            16 16 Randy Johnson Falcons QB Texas A&I
            Last edited by stocknowledge; 04-28-2011, 03:27 PM.
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              The older I get the more I've come to believe that, as humans, we usually end up losing more than we gain (one way or another) from many technological advances.

The great picture of Pete Rozelle brings home the irony that, even with all the tremendous growth and electronic advances in today's NFL, as far as the man occupying the office of the Commish, Goodell amounts to little more than a pimple om Rozelle's ass.

I think that whatever we gain in convenience, we lose in quality of life.
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Not one to shy away from a philosophical discussion BUT sounds like the majority here says Eagles pick is.....DE Aldon Smith (Mizzu). I'm not real high on this guy but since this is a Democracy the Board has spoken.
                Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
                  Not one to shy away from a philosophical discussion BUT sounds like the majority here says Eagles pick is.....DE Aldon Smith (Mizzu). I'm not real high on this guy but since this is a Democracy the Board has spoken.

While you may not be real high on Aldon Smith, it's a pretty good bet that Jimmy Smith is real high - period.
                  Last edited by Jukin; 04-28-2011, 04:05 PM.
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    While you may not be real high on Aldon Smith, it's a pretty good bet that Jimmy Smith is real high - period.

Why does such a physically talented guy have to be such an social turd? Of course, if he wasn't flawed, there's no chance he'd be there at 23.

Comment

Aldon Smith goes #7 overall to San Francisco.

OMG Locker goes #8? Whoah....

Comment

Working...
                      X