Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGI ... f'ing ... F

only 2 more days boys.. 2 more days.

The Eagles were about the only thing getting me through this week.

What's on the drink menu?

I'm hitting my favorite neighborhood drinking establishment for some early evening dark n' stormies.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_eagle
      What's on the drink menu?

I'm hitting my favorite neighborhood drinking establishment for some early evening dark n' stormies.
      And which pub is that?

I'd be doing our weekly Friday bar hop all around Brooklyn but for the fact a) I've already had 3 with lunch and b) I'm riding the NYC Century on Sunday morning and thus don't want to go crazy with the booze until that is done.

Next weekend, though, is a free for all. Especially with that Giants game looming.

Comment

Rue B on, you guessed it, Avenue B. It's between 11th and 12th.

I'm friendly with all the bartenders (not in the biblical sense of course). Very cool spot. Free live jazz every night. Not necessarily my cup of coffee, but it does provide a nice setting.

Comment

I might have to check that one out. I've almost given up on Manhattan bars, at least after 7 pm when most happy hours cease and the yuppie and wannabe hipster sets descend on the places. At least in Brooklyn a $4 beer is still a standard and not a happy hour "special price". Some places even do buybacks and let you have a couple of shots of good whiskey for net $10.

Comment

I hear you.

All drinks are half off from 4 to 8 every day. Cute waitresses. Crazy but incredibly entertaining owner. Lots of regulars, which I like. I'm not necessarily friends with them, but it provides a more comfortable environment than random NYU kids rolling in. It's always pretty lively.

There are the occasional buybacks, but if you start a tab, I guarantee you won't pay for every drink.

Comment

Saturday Penn State vs. Notre Dame
              Sunday Eagles vs Texans

This has easily been the slowest week of the year so far.
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
              X