Fox.co keeping an interesting new stat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox.co keeping an interesting new stat

At least it's new to me: penalties per game by crew.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/sortableStatsOfficials

Now this doen't quantify the accuracy, but one can certainly see a trend for overly whistle happy crews.
    www.disciplerocks.com

that is very interesting and SAD. the most active crew has called 76 penalties in 2 games...the least active has called 24 penalties in 2 games. Ed Hochuli has called 18 holding penalties in 2 games. 5 others have only called a total of 4 in 2 games.

Does anyone really think that there is that much variation in play from 1 game to the next in any week?

Does this level of inconsistancy benefit the NFL?

The answer is a solid NO. And these stats clearly indicate there is a serious need to get the officiating under control and more consistant.

Comment

I know the Eagles have been held in both games many times that were NOT called. This new "he played through the hold" crap is just that----------- crap-- it's either a hold or it isn't.

Comment

who was the head official last week. I would love to see where his crew ranked in those stats. I would be shocked....SHOCKED....if they are near the bottom in penalties called and holds called!

Comment

Geez I would hate to watch a game that Mike Carey officates. I really don't care to see 40 flags a game
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Ref for the Giants game was Bill Carollo.

I don't want to see flags flying all over the field either, but Goddammit, when it gets to the point where the f'ing Giant's O linemen are grabbing guys by the jersey, and pulling them to the ground, that is beyond holding, and needs to be called. I have never seen so much blatant holding going on in my life.

That's not an excuse, by any means, and the Eagles may have been just as guilty, and I just didn't notice it, but when an O-lineman tackles someone, they need to throw the f'ing flag.

Comment

NFL officiating is closely approaching the horridness of NHL officiating a couple of years ago.
              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

did they take those stats down? the pages are empty.

i bet the NFL didn't like the microscope

Comment

Originally posted by bird is da word

Now you see "em...Now you don't! Welcome to 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
                    Originally posted by bird is da word

Now you see "em...Now you don't! Welcome to 1984.
                    just like i thought those little things called facts are a bitter pill for the NFl to swallow. they don't want this type of publicity...but i sure hope they make efforts to correct these disparities.

Comment

I remember hearing a while ago that part of the TV contract is that they are only allowed to show a replay of a controversial call X amount of times.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I think that it's a problem with the page. If you go to the main stats page, they are still promoting it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/stats
                        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga
                          I think that it's a problem with the page. If you go to the main stats page, they are still promoting it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/stats
                          It probably is some kind of technical problem...like maybe, Ed Hochuli called so many "Holding Penalities" it burnt out the server.

Comment

Working...
                          X