• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owens 'definitely' playing vs eagles

Broken hand or not, T.O. 'definitely' playing vs. Eagles
    By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer
    September 22, 2006

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Squeezing his broken right hand into a fist, Terrell Owens saw how far he could curl his fingers and smiled.

"When we get back next week," he told teammate Sam Hurd, "my goal is for it to touch."

ADVERTISEMENT
    Owens is so pleased with how his hand is healing, he said Friday that he will "definitely" play for the Dallas Cowboys in Philadelphia on Oct. 8, a game for him that's been marked on his calendar since the schedule was released.

"I'll be ready," said Owens, his injured hand wrapped in gauze.

With the Cowboys having a bye this weekend, there remains a chance Owens won't miss any games. They play at Tennessee a week from Sunday, and coach Bill Parcells believes Owens could be back then.

"The swelling is down and he's running," Parcells said, adding that Owens ran a lot Friday. "So it will just be a question of when he can catch. Soon as he can do that, we're good to go."

Owens lists himself as "day to day." Asked whether he expects to play against the Titans, he laughed and said, "I can catch with one hand."

Parcells said it "would be a little ambitious" to expect Owens to practice Monday. He could still work out Wednesday or Thursday to be eligible to play against the Titans, according to Parcells' rules.

Owens broke the bone attached to his right ring finger early in a game against Washington on Sunday night. Although it started to swell and he dropped several passes because he was having trouble squeezing the ball, he waited until the Cowboys were comfortably ahead before telling trainers about the problem.

A plate held down by three screws was implanted Monday. On Friday, Owens patted his left hand into the palm of his right one and proudly said that was something he couldn't do without pain the day before, another sign of progress.

"It's getting better," he said.

The Cowboys are off Saturday and Sunday, with many players headed out of town. Owens said he wasn't going anywhere, with Parcells adding that he expects T.O. to get some treatment. Owens took home a plastic bag filled with several rolls of tape and gauze.

Owens said he expects to wear protective padding on or under his glove once he returns. He's not sure whether he'll eventually have the plate removed. The plate used to help heal his broken ankle in 2005 was taken out because the screws were causing him pain.
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Good. I don't want to beat them without him here, and having all sorts of excuses.
    "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

I sure hope all the Birds are extra, extra careful not to step on that hand!

Comment

I dream of seeing T O get hit like Chad Johnson got hit last week, and being carted from the field

Comment

I going to be so wound up for that game, I hope I enjoy it. I'm already having nightmares of Dexter Wynn trying to cover TO.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
            I was thinking this myself. Every time TO hits the turf someone needs to be stepping on that hand.
            The Shack - Santa Monica, CA - LA's Home for Philadelphia Eagles Football

Comment

The Redskins hit him every chance they got. Sounds like a plan!!
              "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
              — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
              - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by mikes
                I was thinking this myself. Every time TO hits the turf someone needs to be stepping on that hand.
                Bullshit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BOTH hands!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                  Bullshit!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BOTH hands & BOTH knees!!!!!

It'll be like a game of T.O. Twister!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal

Double bullshit.................... BOTH hands & BOTH knees and a double kick in the nuts!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal

Double bullshit.................... BOTH hands & BOTH knees and a double kick in the nuts!!!!!!!!!!!
                      now that's just going too far

btw, gratz on goign over 2k posts only like 18k more to catch up to your philaphans total
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I want Dawkins to break his collarbone again!!
                        "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                        — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                        - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

How bout Hanson can intentionally injure him and then get suspended forthe year...it's like killing two birds with one stone.
                          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

This is going to be a tough tough game for the Birds. Bledsoe really needs to spend a lot of time on his back in order for us to have a good shot at winning. We all know TO is a force, but don't forget about Terry Glenn. 9 catches - 149 yards - 3 TDs against us in our two meetings last year. I am not clear on whether or not Lito will be back or not.

Comment

Originally posted by meskerd
                              This is going to be a tough tough game for the Birds. Bledsoe really needs to spend a lot of time on his back in order for us to have a good shot at winning. We all know TO is a force, but don't forget about Terry Glenn. 9 catches - 149 yards - 3 TDs against us in our two meetings last year. I am not clear on whether or not Lito will be back or not.
                              He may be back, but I wouldn't COUNT on it! I'll be happy just to get Hood back on the field. And you're dead on about Glenn. I would guess that Bledsoe would look for him before he does, Owens.

Comment

Working...
                              X