The 2011 Coaching Death Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    I know we talked before MM, but I think that Lewis will probably get an offer from another team. If not, he'll be somebody's DC. He doesn't want to go back to that horseshit organization. The cards have been stacked against him and any other guy who has tried to coach there. They're 20 years behind the times and cheap to boot.
    Dead on. No one is going to be able to turn them around for the exact reasons that you listed. Winning 60 games with that organization is not that bad.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Pitt and Marvin Lewis have showed a mutual interest.

Comment

Marvin would be great in college. I think he is a good coach but who can win in Cincy with that front office.

Jack Del Rio is another good coach and if you look at that team they have a good young core especially on the OL. They desperately need a QB. If Cam Newton was there when they picked or possibly Mallet the could be good next year because they can flat run the ball. Plus, it would take some cash to buy out Del Rio and Wayne Weaver is cash poor.

Holmgren is a douche and I hope he tries to coach again. Most overrated coach in the history of the league IMO. He should be thanking Ron Wolf for that Super Bowl.

The guy I can't believe consistently keeps his job is Gary Kubiak. He is a good to very good offensive coordinator but that defense hasn't gotten a bit better. Granted this year they lost Demeco Ryans early in the year but they have Mario Williams and some other studs that they've spent draft picks on. They should be getting better but they just tread water.

Finally... Harbaugh is going to be the coach in Denver. Mark it down! He and Elway are supposedly tight and Elway was at the Orange Bowl last night. Guarantee that if Harbaugh wants to be an NFL coach it will be with the Broncos.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

"Team owner Jerry Jones said on his radio show Tuesday morning that he could have a decision as soon as the afternoon. He added that “we probably won’t be ready to talk about this until tomorrow some time.”

Comment

He just has to bring in a minority coach to interview so he meets the Rooney Rule. Once he talks to someone he has no intention of hiring, he'll be free to make Garrett the "official" coach.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

ESPN reports Marvin Lewis re-upped with the bungles.
              The only reason Del Rio is coming back is because he'll be owed $10 mil over two years. That's alot of jingle for anybody to eat.
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

hahah the bengals are so pisspoor. Any free agent with half a brain would steer clear of that mess.

Comment

Wow Lewis must have some pictures of the owner screwing a goat to still have a job! It really makes me wonder what they're going to do now. Marvin has to be on a short rope with a 'win now' mandate which means the overhaul of players that team needs (F.O. exemption) won't happen if Lewis has any ideas of trying to win sooner rather than later. Is 85 going to hang onto his job? What about Palmer? He flat out sucks but he's about the best option they have for any kind of immediate success. What a mess!!
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Working...
                  X