Good news, Barkley to Browns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news, Barkley to Browns?

Cleveland just traded for Tyrod Taylor. Hopefully that means they have their QB and will draft Barkley keeping him away from the Giants!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I wonder if this is a sign that Buffallo is going to make a run at landing Foles. They have a lot of picks (6 in the first 96 is what I saw). Drafting a young QB for the future and gettng a guy like Foles to mentor and lead for 2 years makes sense. Could be a couple of interesting weeks ahead.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Should be some activity from Bills, Zona maybe Minny..... Could get very interesting for Nicks services.

Comment

I would be surprised if the Browns regard Taylor as their QB of the future. I believe they will still draft one of the 4 high value QBs with there 4th pic, assuming they take Barkley with their 1st.

Taylor may been seen as a capable 'stand in' until the QB they draft is seen as ready to step in, whether that be later in the season or not until next year.

Or....with Gordon, Landry and , presumably, Barkley, the Browns can field some pretty impressive offensive weapons. Perhaps enough to turn even Cousin's fickle head if combined with lots of what he seems to value most...$$$. I'd rather Cousins go to the Browns than the Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
          I would be surprised if the Browns regard Taylor as their QB of the future. I believe they will still draft one of the 4 high value QBs with there 4th pic, assuming they take Barkley with their 1st.

Taylor may been seen as a capable 'stand in' until the QB they draft is seen as ready to step in, whether that be later in the season or not until next year.

Or....with Gordon, Landry and , presumably, Barkley, the Browns can field some pretty impressive offensive weapons. Perhaps enough to turn even Cousin's fickle head if combined with lots of what he seems to value most...$$$. I'd rather Cousins go to the Browns than the Vikings.
          $16 million for one year is where he sits right now. I think that he's a pretty good QB. Then again they pay their backup QBs pretty good in Cleveland!

Comment

Interesting that Cleveland choose Taylor to mentor the QB they are going to draft. Foles would have made more sense even at a higher cost.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Taylor is not a franchise QB. He's a stop gap. My feeling is that they will draft a QB with either the 1 or 4 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                Taylor is not a franchise QB. He's a stop gap. My feeling is that they will draft a QB with either the 1 or 4 pick.
                It had better be 4.
                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                  It had better be 4.
                  I feel ya! My daughter goes to PSU, and I'm a huge Barkley fan. The last thing I want to see is him go to the f'cking Giants. That would really suck. Which is why it will probably happen.

Comment

If Cleveland takes Barkley they will have instant offense this year. Taylor is a good QB and they now have Josh Gordon and Landry Jones on offense. I think that they would be dumb to pass on Barkley at one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      If Cleveland takes Barkley they will have instant offense this year. Taylor is a good QB and they now have Josh Gordon and Landry Jones on offense. I think that they would be dumb to pass on Barkley at one.
                      Dumb and Cleveland are synonymous with one another.

Comment

God knows what Cleveland will do. If I am them, I'm taking Barkley at 1 and picking QB at 4. Get a win with #1, protect the QB with a running game and good WR and then grab the QB at 4. This is too obvious, so it will not happen. I think Guice will be a heck of a back too and can be had later in round 1 and trade one of these picks, grab the QB and add more picks. They certainly appear to not settling for another 0-16

Comment

Agree on Guice. Would be very happy if Birds got him at 32 bc I am not sold on Ajayi long term (mainly bc of knee issues).
                          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

The Browns just picked up Hicks at running back. Joe Thomas also retired. Man I still hope that they take Barkley at 1! Another whole for them to fill is nice though but I didn't like hearing about the Hicks deal.

Comment

Barkley is good guys but behind that line he won’t do shit.

Giants should go OL
                              You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
                              X