Good news, Barkley to Browns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    The Browns just picked up Hicks at running back. Joe Thomas also retired. Man I still hope that they take Barkley at 1! Another whole for them to fill is nice though but I didn't like hearing about the Hicks deal.
    I think you mean Carlos Hyde Popper. Gonna make it harder to figure out which way the Browns go at #1.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
      I think you mean Carlos Hyde Popper. Gonna make it harder to figure out which way the Browns go at #1.
      Browns are going QB in round one. So are the Giants they both have real GM now. They know you build with a QB. Taylor is a stop gap and Sheli is 700 years old.

Barkley goes to the Tampa Bay bucs at 7 is my guess
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I'd be surprised if Barkley doesn't go to Indy at #3 although the DE Chubb is in the mix.
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
          You're right J. I get the names mixed up far too often but fortunately
          it's easy to figure out who I'm talking about LOL.

I'm not positive the Giants want a QB yet but now's a good time to go for one.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

the way the RB cost has gone up in the last 2 days, it would be smart to take Barkley who it could be argued is as good or better than most in the game and you would have him relatively cheap. He can run, block and will knock a blitzer on his ass in the pass blocking game.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              the way the RB cost has gone up in the last 2 days, it would be smart to take Barkley who it could be argued is as good or better than most in the game and you would have him relatively cheap. He can run, block and will knock a blitzer on his ass in the pass blocking game.
              Hey, if they don't want him I'll take him! The RB position being undervalued for so long has been a joke if you ask me.

Comment

I'm curious with the signings by Den, Buf, Min, et al what the QB draft will look like. It may be that no one likes any of these QBs and they free fall or they may all be signing someone as a stopgap. But with the money they are paying these QBs I can't believe they are stopgap guys
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Teddy signed a prove it contract

Teddy Bridgewater's Jets contract: Complete breakdown, analysis | Could he be cut before 2018 season?

By Darryl Slater [email protected]
                  NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Just as we did for the contracts the Jets gave running back Isaiah Crowell, cornerback Trumaine Johnson, and middle linebacker Avery Williamson, let's now take a look at the details of quarterback Teddy Bridgewater's contract, as provided to NJ Advance Media by a source with knowledge of the deal.

Maximum length: One year

Maximum value: $15 million (with incentives)

Signing bonus: $500,000

Total guarantee: $500,000

Fully guaranteed money at signing: $500,000 (just the signing bonus)

2018: $5 million (non-guaranteed salary), $500,000 workout bonus, $6 million salary cap figure, $500,000 dead money

Notes: Up to $9 million in incentives connected to Bridgewater's playing time, passing yards, and touchdowns in 2018.

Takeaways: As you can see, this is a low-risk deal for the Jets with Bridgewater, who is trying to return after essentially not playing for two seasons, due to a serious knee injury.

If Bridgewater doesn't look up to the task, the Jets can cut him before the season even begins, and they'd just have to take on $500,000 in dead money (his signing bonus) since his salary isn't guaranteed. Of course, the Jets by the end of training camp surely will have already paid Bridgewater his workout bonus of $500,000. Still, a low-risk deal.

Bridgewater, if he sticks, does have a chance to earn a lot more than just $6 million, with those incentives. The Jets gave quarterback Josh McCown a one-year, fully guaranteed $10 million deal to re-sign with them. So presuming Bridgewater sticks, the Jets will be investing (at least) $16 million in 2018 salary cap space in these two quarterbacks.

But the Jets also are going to draft a quarterback third overall (now that they have traded up from sixth), so Bridgewater is going to be battling McCown and the draft pick for playing time. The fitness (or lack thereof) of Bridgewater's knee is why the Jets could very well carry four quarterbacks into training camp. Will Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg be the odd man out?

Right call for Jets in 2018 NFL Draft trade?
                  Darryl Slater may be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @DarrylSlater. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

Comment

I hope Bridgewater does well. And Cousins doesn’t. The queen fans deserve it. Also,I don’t know why the Jets would even consider carrying Petty or Hack. Both have shown nothing or less.

Comment

Hackenberg is athletically talented, but some days he couldn't hit a barn from 3' and he has some brain malfunctions quite regularly
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't know. It screams loudly that the Jets did nothing to give him live reps last year

Comment

Working...
                        X