Peters, Sproles, Hicks, Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peters, Sproles, Hicks, Wentz

Call me crazy but having these guys out almost gives us an advantage in that it's a huge motivating factor for our team. Not only because nobody said we could win without them but because they are all loved by their teammates and we are playing FOR them. If we win, I wouldn't be surprised if they are the first players to hoist the trophy.

The replacements for these guys are playing at a very high level right now. The one guy I would really like to have out there is Hicks.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

I agree they are all with the team right now and doing their part even though they are injured. A lot of guys once they are hurt they stay away.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I was thinking of the look on Wentz' face coming into the locker room. He looks happy, but constipated. This is gonna drive him to greatness, win or lose. He will be even more obsessed . If they lose he'll have the drive to get back and finish it and if they win he'll want one of his own.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I still remember the "Win it for Jerome" slogan way back in 93 ? It was a rallying cry. But, the team was not the same without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          I still remember the "Win it for Jerome" slogan way back in 93 ? It was a rallying cry. But, the team was not the same without him.
          They're not the same without Wentz either. They didn't need Wentz last week because Nick had an out of body experience. Who was that #9 guy anyway, Dan Marino reincarnated? If whoever it was shows up in the SB we'll stomp NE but I'm not counting on that performance again from either Nick or Brady.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

That Nick was seen before. He was 27-2. I'm not sure why people don't think he has that in him. What he doesn't have is the consistency to do that. What he doesn't have is the ability to escape pressure. Nick can work in a system, he can work in a clean pocket, he can move around a little but he can't move a lot.
            He had a great game and can again next week. Need a good game plan that he is comfortable with and the OL, RBs, and receivers need to help him.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              That Nick was seen before. He was 27-2. I'm not sure why people don't think he has that in him. What he doesn't have is the consistency to do that. What he doesn't have is the ability to escape pressure. Nick can work in a system, he can work in a clean pocket, he can move around a little but he can't move a lot.
              He had a great game and can again next week. Need a good game plan that he is comfortable with and the OL, RBs, and receivers need to help him.
              I've never seen him move in the pocket like that before ND. What I have seen in those situations before were fadeaways and fumbles. I think that he was surprised by it all too because you couldn't shut him up in the PCs and he normally doesn't like them. Man I hope he plays like that again! Don't forget that those RPOs are a lot easier to run at home too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I've never seen him move in the pocket like that before ND. What I have seen in those situations before were fadeaways and fumbles. I think that he was surprised by it all too because you couldn't shut him up in the PCs and he normally doesn't like them. Man I hope he plays like that again! Don't forget that those RPOs are a lot easier to run at home too.
                Remember, he's 29, he's been in the league for six years and for two of those years he was an NFL starting QB. He got hurt in St Louis and lets face it, that Rams team was horrendous. But you don't have a career passing percentage of 60%, 61Tds-22Ints, for 9700 yards without being pretty damn good. The reason he looked all world against Minny is because Dougy is a serious fuckin play caller. He may not get every play call right, but over the course of a game, he's going to do one hell of a job.

Dougy owned Mike Zimmer who had the best defense in the league, now he gets Patricia who may be as good, but his talent isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                  Remember, he's 29, he's been in the league for six years and for two of those years he was an NFL starting QB. He got hurt in St Louis and lets face it, that Rams team was horrendous. But you don't have a career passing percentage of 60%, 61Tds-22Ints, for 9700 yards without being pretty damn good. The reason he looked all world against Minny is because Dougy is a serious fuckin play caller. He may not get every play call right, but over the course of a game, he's going to do one hell of a job.

Dougy owned Mike Zimmer who had the best defense in the league, now he gets Patricia who may be as good, but his talent isnt.
                  Those bastards are like the old Yankee pinstripes. Put a stiff in a uniform and they turn into gold. Maddening.

Comment

The games Nick looked bad, well the opposing QB didn’t look so good either. Maybe the weather really had a lot to do with it. And remember, Ryan threw the same horrific when going into the wind same as Nick. Somehow that never gets a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                      The games Nick looked bad, well the opposing QB didn’t look so good either. Maybe the weather really had a lot to do with it. And remember, Ryan threw the same horrific when going into the wind same as Nick. Somehow that never gets a mention.
                      I'm glad it never gets mentioned. And Foles was fine in the first quarter of the Raiders game. He was also fine on the first drive of the Cowboys game. The Smith drop cost us points.
                      Most of these guys have no idea what they are talking about. I watched the end of the Rams game again and Foles did a great job. It was more than that one pass to Agholor on third down. We were running the RPOs as soon as he went in but everyone says that Doug put in those plays in the playoffs just for Foles. Wentz ran a lot of them too. He made a great pass to Jeffery on the sideline in that game that got call back on a Brooks hold.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                        I'm glad it never gets mentioned. And Foles was fine in the first quarter of the Raiders game. He was also fine on the first drive of the Cowboys game. The Smith drop cost us points.
                        Most of these guys have no idea what they are talking about. I watched the end of the Rams game again and Foles did a great job. It was more than that one pass to Agholor on third down. We were running the RPOs as soon as he went in but everyone says that Doug put in those plays in the playoffs just for Foles. Wentz ran a lot of them too. He made a great pass to Jeffery on the sideline in that game that got call back on a Brooks hold.
                        Wentz ran just as many of them but killed more of them. Nick does a better job selling the run than Wentz does and I think that's why Nick needs a little more time from out O line.

Comment

Working...
                        X