Round 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
    I liked the linebacker pick a lot. Could start quickly. 2 out of 3 picks were good

That one bad pick ruined things thought. Would so much rather have Reagor, Mims, Taylor. But is what it is
    That LB can really run!! The more that I think about the QB pick the more I realize why they did it. Everyone talks about how you can't depend on DJAX but how much can you count on Wentz? Not only is he often hurt but this last time it was a CONCUSSION! They need a good backup and it sure ain't Suds so maybe that pick wasn't so bad. Besides his rookie year he hasn't finished a season yet.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think they got the LB they wanted. They have speed guys to cover and when teams run the football, they need quick guys to shoot the gaps behind the hogs they have up front. I think they are making every attempt to stop the run and the short drops. Those short drops ate us alive for so long. This defensive line is going to be too good to hold the ball. Just my humble opinion
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Maybe I’m an idiot, but I still can’t sign up for labelling Wentz injury prone. He got hurt twice. Last year was a concusion and dirty hit. Could have happened to anyone.

But clearly the Eagles leadership are labeling him. Which can’t build confidence. Plus it can divide a locker room.

Not a fan of early round QB picks when your franchise QB is still in his 20s. I suppose I can accept it when mid to late 30s

Crappy pick and I don’t think my mind will ever change on that.

Howie made a mistake that could cost him his job and more importantly cost my favorite team from staying competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
          Maybe I’m an idiot, but I still can’t sign up for labelling Wentz injury prone. He got hurt twice. Last year was a concusion and dirty hit. Could have happened to anyone.

But clearly the Eagles leadership are labeling him. Which can’t build confidence. Plus it can divide a locker room.

Not a fan of early round QB picks when your franchise QB is still in his 20s. I suppose I can accept it when mid to late 30s

Crappy pick and I don’t think my mind will ever change on that.

Howie made a mistake that could cost him his job and more importantly cost my favorite team from staying competitive.
          Look at it this way Dawk, it's just insurance. If he's any good they will get a nice draft pick for him in the future. Personally I hope he never has the chance to prove himself just like I hope my house never burns down LOL!

Comment

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I LOVE how this kid runs through tackles. Those legs just don't stop with some perfect form tackling.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Look at it this way Dawk, it's just insurance. If he's any good they will get a nice draft pick for him in the future. Personally I hope he never has the chance to prove himself just like I hope my house never burns down LOL!
                Yeah we might get a nice draft pick for him, like maybe a second rounder? Oh wait, that would be just breaking even. When you factor in lost potential gains by passing on a top WR and assets expenditure needed to develop him into a trade commodity we clearly come out with a loss. So we need to get a 1st round pick for him to have any trade value.

A couple of thoughts keep jumping out to me about this draft and our front office;
                1. Virtually every professional football analyst has said there are so many excellent receivers that players taken in the second and even third rounds would be first round players in a ‘normal’ draft. So in a WR rich draft, we take a backup QB in the second round rather than a WR that could be a real value. Huh?

2. What happens next year when we realize we need another receiver? The 2021 WR draft class will be depleted and the players available will be second tier receivers masquerading as first tier players.

I saw this post that sums up the Eagles FO draft mentality perfectly:
                The Broncos supported Lock by drafting Jeudy and Hamler.

The Cowboys supported Dak Prescott by adding Lamb to Cooper and Gallup.

The Eagles supported Carson Wentz by drafting Jalen Hurts.
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I like Taylor. Quick and seems to play with some instincts.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    Yeah we might get a nice draft pick for him, like maybe a second rounder? Oh wait, that would be just breaking even. When you factor in lost potential gains by passing on a top WR and assets expenditure needed to develop him into a trade commodity we clearly come out with a loss. So we need to get a 1st round pick for him to have any trade value.

A couple of thoughts keep jumping out to me about this draft and our front office;
                    1. Virtually every professional football analyst has said there are so many excellent receivers that players taken in the second and even third rounds would be first round players in a ‘normal’ draft. So in a WR rich draft, we take a backup QB in the second round rather than a WR that could be a real value. Huh?

2. What happens next year when we realize we need another receiver? The 2021 WR draft class will be depleted and the players available will be second tier receivers masquerading as first tier players.

I saw this post that sums up the Eagles FO draft mentality perfectly:
                    The Broncos supported Lock by drafting Jeudy and Hamler.

The Cowboys supported Dak Prescott by adding Lamb to Cooper and Gallup.

The Eagles supported Carson Wentz by drafting Jalen Hurts.
                    Good post.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Taylor has a chance to be a borderline Pro Bowl player. The reason why I say this is the kid has all the physical intangibles. He is fast, he tackles well and seems to have pretty damn good instincts. The reason why he is there at 103, he hasn't played a ton of football. Only has played between high school and college 26 games. Think about that for a minute. I think they can develop this kid and he will be one of those ones when we look back on this draft and say Man we missed hard on Round 1 and 2 but we found a star in round 3. Kind of like the draft where we took Kelce.

Lets hope we can continue this with the 5 picks today.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                      X