Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You

Thank you Big V. You stepped in and played admirably. You came in in your second year and held your own in the vast majority of the games. You silenced a lot of critics that wanted to beat up on the birds
    Thank you Nick Foles. You stepped in and did everything that could possibly be expected from the backup quarterback. You struggled with injury in TC and people were concerned. Some wanted to unload you and your salary but you showed exactly why the birds wanted you. I will always point to you as the epitome of how coaching and game planning can help make a QB succeed in this league.
    Thank You Doug. You assemble an outstanding staff and showed your players that you trusted them. The essence of how a coach can put players or coaches in a position to succeed. Don't know if it will go on forever but his year you nailed it.
    Thank You Jeff Lurie. Of course, you provide the fans this entertainment and this outlet for our emotions. But you also don't hesitate to recognize mistakes (see the departure of Chip) and don't hesitate to give your staff what they think they need (see Vick or see moving up to get Wentz). You don't hesitate to spend your money to better this franchise.
    The list could go on and on but there are a few that I wanted to thank.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

And obviously we can thank Howie. He hired Doug and if I remember right hired Schwartz before Doug but I'm not positive about that. It's amazing how things worked out when you think of it because everybody was avoiding Philly because the FO was so screwed up when Kelly was fired and Howie came back. What a turnaround!! Seriously, when that mess went down we thought that we were at least a lifetime away and thought that we'd never see a Lombardi.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
      And obviously we can thank Howie. He hired Doug and if I remember right hired Schwartz before Doug but I'm not positive about that. It's amazing how things worked out when you think of it because everybody was avoiding Philly because the FO was so screwed up when Kelly was fired and Howie came back. What a turnaround!! Seriously, when that mess went down we thought that we were at least a lifetime away and thought that we'd never see a Lombardi.
      Popper,

No question but we owe a debt of gratitude to Howie!

I think you and I were about the only ones that NEVER doubted Howie and were very vocal supporters from the start.

Last edited by tinopuno; 02-07-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        Popper,

I think you and I were about the only ones that NEVER doubted Howie and were very vocal supporters from the start.

Comment

Forgot the one I really started this for. Thank you Philadelphia Eagles. Most fans didn't have anything to watch for after Dec 31. Then many more fell to the wayside the next week. But not you. You kept football relevant for your fans all the way until Feb. You gave us 20 weeks of football. Thank You for this short off season
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I just spoke with my cousin who lives just outside of Philly. The day of the Super Bowl he took his daughters to the science museum and they ran the steps! Then they went over to the Rocky Statue and then went back home to watch the game. Today they went to the parade. Tears all over the place. Damn I wish that I was there!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Doug was hired before Schwartz. Lots of talk about how his DC would be as important a hire as Reid's DC. Both turned out great.

I hope Roseman has learned his lesson about hiring coaches in the wrong order. If I recall, it was his idea to hire Jim Washburn. The basic idea was right, in that we needed big upgrades to our position coaches, but you have to hire a DC first and let them have large input on the line coach and others. Instead, no DC would take the job because the Wide 9 had been dictated to them by the Washburn hire, and we ended up with Castillo. Similarly, a HC should have input on his coordinators.

That is another uncomfortable situation that McDaniels left the Colts in; if they keep to the contract where they hired their new DC, then the new HC doesn't have a say in that (and could get very odd if they want to hire a defensive HC).

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                Doug was hired before Schwartz. Lots of talk about how his DC would be as important a hire as Reid's DC. Both turned out great.

I hope Roseman has learned his lesson about hiring coaches in the wrong order. If I recall, it was his idea to hire Jim Washburn. The basic idea was right, in that we needed big upgrades to our position coaches, but you have to hire a DC first and let them have large input on the line coach and others. Instead, no DC would take the job because the Wide 9 had been dictated to them by the Washburn hire, and we ended up with Castillo. Similarly, a HC should have input on his coordinators.

That is another uncomfortable situation that McDaniels left the Colts in; if they keep to the contract where they hired their new DC, then the new HC doesn't have a say in that (and could get very odd if they want to hire a defensive HC).
                Maybe Howie just went ahead and fired Davis on his own? I thought there was something unusual there. Man Davis sucked.

Comment

Working...
                X