The first round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
    Take a wait and see here. Whole draft. I know this, Jefferson had a whole lot more around him than Reagor. Scheme it up and we shall see. We’ve put a lot the last two years in WR.
    I was watching Fran Duffy and Ross Tucker on NBC Philly, they seem thrilled with the pick . Both said he plays more in the 4.3 range and can play the slot and outside. Averaged over 17 yards per punt return too.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't mind the player but I do hate taking him at 21. Obviously that’s not his fault it’s ours. I can’t stand the Eagles reaching for a receiver here when there was no need for it! Take Jefferson and then grab Reagor in the second round or trade back and take him later and accrue some extra capital.

Maybe it wouldn’t bother me quite so much if they hadn’t sat on their hands and allowed the best WR in the draft to fall to Dallas! Man honestly after this, I have zero confidence in Howie when it comes to the draft. Especially if the reports that they have been shopping Dillard are true. They traded up to get him last year and are looking to trade him 1 year later? If that’s true, along with this shit tonight, we need to take a serious look at how we are making our picks.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Given the picks that went right behind us, feels pretty certain Reagor would have gone to the Vikings at 22 had we not picked him. They picked Jefferson instead, who spent most of his time in the slot, but they already have Thielen there. Reagor wasn't going to come close to getting out of the first.

Comment

Sorry I don’t agree FO. Higgins, Claypool and Aiyuk were all there and on some boards are all rated higher than Reagor. As of now only Aiyuk has been taken so it is likely Reagor would have fallen to the second round. What we would have to give up to trade up for him is another question. Bottom line here is that they wanted speed and the got it. I prefer Reagor over Ruggs due to Ruggs injury history so I am feeling better about that any way.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Don't think Reagor was getting out of the first. Lots of WR needy teams right behind us. Patriots traded back, maybe he had been a target for them, who knows. They need speed on offense too.

Maybe he'll bust, but I don't think we got bad draft value.

Comment

My disappointment is not getting Lamb when he fell a bit. Have to think Atlanta was holding us up for a 2nd rounder to move up 5 spots, which is a lot. At 21 I would have taken Murray. That said, Reagor, Ruiz and Brooks (LB) were all projected to go in the 2nd and went in the first. Talking heads talk. GMs draft. We’ll have to see. I still remember being crushed when Perry Tuttle went to Buffalo on the pick before ours, and we “settled for” Mike Quick. Not to say that I am not disappointed tonight ...
              Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
              Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

So why the doom and gloom? Everybody wanted speed and we got it. Usually we draft and think that we're going to the SB. Tonight it's the opposite so that's probably a good thing. If Duffy likes the pick I'm good. If I see drops again this year I'll flip though!
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Let’s see we took a 5ft 10 receiver who had problems with drops, looks to run our of bounds all the time, plays to his 4,47 speed. Honestly this is a horrible pick. The type of pick that gets GM fired. His ceiling is Jefferson’s floor. His best highlights are against poor completion. He seems like a nice kid and I am guessing they drafted him on character. I really feel bad for Carson. He just isn’t going to ever reach his ceiling when they continue to miss on weapons around him. They should have just traded the first round pick for Hopkins. The tape I wacthed on this kid I see no way he contributes this year. His tape is worse than JJAW was. We are in trouble fellas with this team. Rosens drafts have been suspect the last few years and this one is starting out worse than the last. Our only hope here is if he takes multiple WR and use the old saying That maybe throwing enough shit against the wall some will stick
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    So why the doom and gloom? Everybody wanted speed and we got it. Usually we draft and think that we're going to the SB. Tonight it's the opposite so that's probably a good thing. If Duffy likes the pick I'm good. If I see drops again this year I'll flip though!
                    This kid has major drop problems. Number one thing a receiver has to do is catch the ball. I just don’t see it Eagle60. Very disappointed Howie had a slam dunk there in Jefferson. He missed badly. At some point the misses have to stop. He hasn’t drafted a pro bowl player since Zach Ertz. If I was Lurie i would start the clock on Howie. Either start drafting better or make him hire a GM that runs he draft.

Comment

MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not impressed at all, not the end of the world but not looking like THAT much help for Wentz. Better hope Jackson and Jeffries are really healthy.

Comment

I will say that if I was Lurie I would want to see the draft data from the last few years to see what it said and who on my staff supported or didn't support certain people. JJAW vs Metcalf for example. And now Reagor vs Jefferson. We will have an excellent opportunity to view those particular careers.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Very Respectful guys... we are all arm-chair GMs. We have no clue really how a guy is going to pan out. I liked Lamb but I didn’t love Lamb.

When I see Reagor move on tape he is very quick and nifty. And he breaks pursuit angles. Plus he is solidly built... moreso than Ruggs.

He looks like a similar build to Tyreek Hill. He also has a 42 inch vertical which improves his catch radius and he is 5-11 not 5-8 or something like that. He is bigger than OBJ or Ruggs.

And he had an NFL pedigree and that matters to me. He is going to come in knowing what it takes and his college coach Gary Patterson is a very solid guy.

Was he worth the 21st pick? Who knows if we would have gotten him had we moved down and if that’s their guy then so be it.

I do think they might trade up in R2 to get a second bigger WR like Higgins or Mins.
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Look at the 2017 draft. 3 WRs taken in the top 10, none panned out. WR is a crap shoot at best. Maybe we got the diamond in the rough. It sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. Reagor's dad having been a succesful NFL player is a positive too.
                            Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                              Very Respectful guys... we are all arm-chair GMs. We have no clue really how a guy is going to pan out. I liked Lamb but I didn’t love Lamb.

When I see Reagor move on tape he is very quick and nifty. And he breaks pursuit angles. Plus he is solidly built... moreso than Ruggs.

He looks like a similar build to Tyreek Hill. He also has a 42 inch vertical which improves his catch radius and he is 5-11 not 5-8 or something like that. He is bigger than OBJ or Ruggs.

And he had an NFL pedigree and that matters to me. He is going to come in knowing what it takes and his college coach Gary Patterson is a very solid guy.

Was he worth the 21st pick? Who knows if we would have gotten him had we moved down and if that’s their guy then so be it.

I do think they might trade up in R2 to get a second bigger WR like Higgins or Mins.
                              I am trying to find the positives believe me. I just don't see it. His best game tape is against the future accounts of america Stanford. I hate that he shy's away from contact. His hands are really bad. He has one thing and one thing only that shows up on tape. Speed. But I am still not sure how fast he actually his. He really does play to a 4.5 type guy. For his size, his hand size 9 inch (which may be why he has so many drops) his ceiling is what Jefferson floor is. Jefferson is actually bigger, stronger and faster (yes he timed at 4.43) played for a big school against better competition. He projects much easier than Reagor.
                              I remember the last time I grilled a receiver like this it was Mack Hollins. At least we could say he was a 4th round pick and a special teams guy. I can't see how we can even use this kid on special teams. He drops too many footballs. The one highlight that everyone is showing is the one where he dropped the punt first before he took it to the house. You drop a punt in the Pro's more than likely its going to be recovered by the other team.

He seems like a nice kid, well spoken and I am sure they fell in love with his character. I get team chemistry but team chemistry doesn't catch the ball down the sidelines to win the game against Atlanta etc. I am telling Agholor was faster than this kid and had better hands. Agholor was a better prospect coming out of college. And he ran him out of town for his drops. WHY WHY WHY would this team do this again. Its so damn frustrating watching this team blow draft picks.

They would have been much better off trading the pick for Hopkins and paying him.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                                I am trying to find the positives believe me. I just don't see it. His best game tape is against the future accounts of america Stanford. I hate that he shy's away from contact. His hands are really bad. He has one thing and one thing only that shows up on tape. Speed. But I am still not sure how fast he actually his. He really does play to a 4.5 type guy. For his size, his hand size 9 inch (which may be why he has so many drops) his ceiling is what Jefferson floor is. Jefferson is actually bigger, stronger and faster (yes he timed at 4.43) played for a big school against better competition. He projects much easier than Reagor.
                                I remember the last time I grilled a receiver like this it was Mack Hollins. At least we could say he was a 4th round pick and a special teams guy. I can't see how we can even use this kid on special teams. He drops too many footballs. The one highlight that everyone is showing is the one where he dropped the punt first before he took it to the house. You drop a punt in the Pro's more than likely its going to be recovered by the other team.

He seems like a nice kid, well spoken and I am sure they fell in love with his character. I get team chemistry but team chemistry doesn't catch the ball down the sidelines to win the game against Atlanta etc. I am telling Agholor was faster than this kid and had better hands. Agholor was a better prospect coming out of college. And he ran him out of town for his drops. WHY WHY WHY would this team do this again. Its so damn frustrating watching this team blow draft picks.

They would have been much better off trading the pick for Hopkins and paying him.
                                just saying
                                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                                X