No announcement yet.

2006-07: Stars Continue to Fall (Long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't imagine Philly sports radio being ever being worse (in the past) than the crap from WIP today. I mean, really, they try to turn anger, suffering, bitching and moaning, complaining -- I'll even say sounds like whining -- into some sort of religion.
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan
      I can't imagine Philly sports radio being ever being worse (in the past) than the crap from WIP today. I mean, really, they try to turn anger, suffering, bitching and moaning, complaining -- I'll even say sounds like whining -- into some sort of religion.
      Sports talk radio is a fairly (in relative terms) new phenom.

Comment

As I have traveled the country I have found older sports cities and blue collar cities are tough on the sports figures---or at least tougher than the laid back types of San Diego/Denver/et al; but surely not as tough as Philly.
        And it feeds on itself because the media plays Philly fans to be so tough on their guys, then the fans take that as some kind of badge of honor (for what I'll never know) and play it up to the media, and it goes on and on.
        It is esp tough if the star player is a laid back type. The fan doesn't see that person as one of them, doesn't see them as putting out everything they got---even if they are. Just because they are laid back.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle`
          As I have traveled the country I have found older sports cities and blue collar cities are tough on the sports figures---or at least tougher than the laid back types of San Diego/Denver/et al; but surely not as tough as Philly.
          And it feeds on itself because the media plays Philly fans to be so tough on their guys, then the fans take that as some kind of badge of honor (for what I'll never know) and play it up to the media, and it goes on and on.
          It is esp tough if the star player is a laid back type. The fan doesn't see that person as one of them, doesn't see them as putting out everything they got---even if they are. Just because they are laid back.
          = Mike Schmidt, poster child for the quoted post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X