No announcement yet.

Corey Simon is Disgraceful at this Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch. Corey goes from having the franchise tag on a SB team to a major free agent acquisition for a very good team to a bloated backup behind a 7th round choice playing out of position. At least he has plenty of cash for his Double Whoppers with cheese.

Comment

Brock moving to DT may not be such a great change. Is he big enough to handle the pounding?

It is so hard to fathom a team with no cap problems in 6 years losing a draft pick due to not having enough money............even if there is a cap on draft picks.

And the FO is cheap?
      Pedro

Comment

What sucks is that the scouting department did a good job, and the FO in drafting Brock late in the draft in the first place, then they screwed up with the money, and lost him. No excuse for that.

And as far as Simon is concerned, what a fat waste. Of course, he doesn't have to worry, because he'll have a job working as the stay puft marshmallow man, or the Michelin Man when he retires.

Bunkley is going to be the player for us that Simon was about a hundred pounds or so ago anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath

Bunkley is going to be the player for us that Simon was about a hundred pounds or so ago anyways.
          This is my hope also.

I think this kid even has a faster motor than Simon did when he came in. I am looking for a 100% turn around by this DL..........

Comment

My only concern with Bunkley is injury history

Comment

Originally posted by statler
              My only concern with Bunkley is injury history
              FWIW,, Simon cam in with supposedly bad shoulders-- yet i don't thinkhe ever missed a game or listed them as an injury the whole time he was here.

What was/is the extent of BB's injuries?

Comment

I used to love Simon. Loved him on our team.

Now - I'm embarrassed for him.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

What's amazing is that Raheem Brock is now a starting tackle for Indy.
                  I see that Indy "plans" to try Brock inside to replace DT Larry Tripplett. At 274 lbs, Brock is on the light side for a DT. Is he planning to begin the Corey Simon weight plan.

Comment

There is a"PLAN" for that?????????

Comment

Sure there is. Just take the Weight Watchers plan and multiply by 5.
                      The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                        I used to love Simon. Loved him on our team.

Now - I'm embarrassed for him.
                        That is how I felt. It looks like the jinz of the "AR cuts for more money" is still alive. Only Burgess survived it.
                        Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleIggle
                          Sure there is. Just take the Weight Watchers plan and multiply by 5.
                          That means you lose weight 5 times faster?
                          Pedro

Comment

What's amazing is that Raheem Brock is now a starting tackle for Indy.
                            Statler,

You hit on the key point that stood out to me, Raheem Broak (Eagles 7th round pick) that we dismissed his release as no big deal is a starting DT and previously started at DE.

We screwed the pooch on that one. Ohh well, sometimes even the best teams (evaluating talent) can mess things up. hey, Joe Montana was 6th round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                              What sucks is that the scouting department did a good job, and the FO in drafting Brock late in the draft in the first place, then they screwed up with the money, and lost him. No excuse for that.

And as far as Simon is concerned, what a fat waste. Of course, he doesn't have to worry, because he'll have a job working as the stay puft marshmallow man, or the Michelin Man when he retires.

EB,

I actually understand the reasoning/rational, the team ran into a delay in their original negotiations with Brock, decided to shift focus to other draft picks that were more of a priority (than a 7th rd pick) and by the time they came back to Brock, there wasn't enough money in the rookie pool to give him the SB he and his agent were looking for. Kudo's to Brock for trusting in his ability to take being released rather than accept a lower SB.

My problem is, I just don't like the results - that 7th rd pick turning into starting caliber talent.

Comment

Uh oh, someone needs to hide this thread from E60.
                                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                                X