Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What Are Your Thoughts On the Phils ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So What Are Your Thoughts On the Phils ?

I like the range of Segura at third, Gregorious has a cannon and the pitchers are throwing low strikes. I'm anxious to see how things go. They have the potential to have a spectacular defense. If they can keep the ball down and turn the DP, we might have something. Am interested in your thoughts, play ball.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

At least they may be worth watching this year a bit closer. Still not investing in any game plans just yet!

Comment

I didn't realize the Phils got away from calling the low strike. All the pitchers are talking about getting back to throwing the ball down again. If this is something that Gabe did, he deserves everything he got. I wasn't a good pitcher, but I knew enough that except for guys who threw bb's, you need to stay down in the zone other than the occasional pitch to change the eye level.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

This is the first year I can remember not being stirred by the start of the season. I go into every year thinking our team, whether flyers, eagles, sixers,or phils, is going to win it all. Unfortunately, the last two years of the Phils under performing after the all star break took a lot of the air out of that balloon. Having said that I am intrigued to see what Girardi can get out of the under performing players
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          This is the first year I can remember not being stirred by the start of the season. I go into every year thinking our team, whether flyers, eagles, sixers,or phils, is going to win it all. Unfortunately, the last two years of the Phils under performing after the all star break took a lot of the air out of that balloon. Having said that I am intrigued to see what Girardi can get out of the under performing players
          one thing I've witnessed is some situational hitting instead of the 8 hole hitter swinging out his ass and hitting a long, high fly to deep shortstop with runners in scoring position.

Comment

I think tempered expectations can only help this team. I really like what Girardi brings to the group. Hoskins returning to form is probably the key to the season.

Comment

I hope they hold on to their resources and don't have a fools gold type of year that makes them package more good players for rentals. The talent in the system needs to get to knocking on the door status, beyond Howard and Bohm.
              Last edited by musicman; 03-08-2020, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Harper needs to have an MVP “type” of season.

Comment

Working...
                X