Offensive line: $14.201MM
    Defensive end: $17.291MM
    Defensive tackle: $15.355MM
    Linebacker: $15.591MM
    Cornerback: $16.175MM
    Safety: $11.256MM
    Punter/kicker: $5.018MM

Comment

This just hit me but the tag for RB and Safety are just about equal and TE isn't far behind. The only one that is really less is K. What does that say about the importance of RB in the NFL today?
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        This just hit me but the tag for RB and Safety are just about equal and TE isn't far behind. The only one that is really less is K. What does that say about the importance of RB in the NFL today?
        In all fairness--- that is a team by team concern. Values for each team I am sure are determined by need rather than a general scale.

Comment

Yea but???? This is a league wide franchise tag value. No matter the team if they franchise tag a WR he is going to get 16.948 mil. The same with the other positions. I'm not sure how that value is determined but I would assume it is some type of compilation of league salaries. Of all the positions the RB seems to be at the bottom of the value. That kind of surprised me although I could be all wet on what the tag numbers mean.
          I agree teams have to determine what they want to put toward the position. However, I would venture to say a these might be indicative of a starting point
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

I'm sure you are correct, I guess all I was saying was that depending on your team needs -- is really what determines what you will pay for a certain position.

The tag prices are more a function of having the TAG system in place.

Comment

Please just get me a stud running back! I don't care what those numbers say, just get me one. The only reason that they are "undervalued" is that they have a short shelf life and get used up pretty quickly so they don't usually get big contracts after their rookie deals. How can anybody say that a guy who touches the ball 20 times a game and puts points on the board isn't valuable?????
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
              X