No announcement yet.

Practice Squad named

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are people going to realize that Cornelius Ingram isn't a good football player? Is it due to injuries? Probably, but let's be honest. The guy was never anything more than a training camp superstar. We see those guys every camp and how many actually pan out? It's entirely possible the guy would have been exposed in game time even if healthy. Heck, it's not like Florida players have a sparkling track record of NFL success.

The legend of Cornelius Ingram never ceases to amaze me. The guy, as far as I'm concerned, is a never-was.

Comment

S Chip Vaughn finishes off the PS . A 4th rd pick in 2009,spent last season on IR
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Vaughn looks like an interesting pickup. Reading about him this preseason, sounds like he did an excellent job on kick coverage in the preseason games. That was a problem area during the preseason, covering kicks.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
          Vaughn looks like an interesting pickup. Reading about him this preseason, sounds like he did an excellent job on kick coverage in the preseason games. That was a problem area during the preseason, covering kicks.
          Only one problem LT. You can't cover kicks from the PS. I'm glad they added a safety though. Pretty much a no brainer that they would.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
            The legend of Cornelius Ingram never ceases to amaze me. The guy, as far as I'm concerned, is a never-was.
            IMK,

Before his major college injury, Ingram was a John Mackey candidate and a potential future 1st rounder going into his senior season. The kid was a physical specimen and had a ton of potential.

The Eagles took a flyer on him in the 5th round. Obviously, it was a risk. But, if Ingram ever gets healthy, his potential probably exceeds most 2nd string NFL T.E. That is what is so tantalizing about him.

Obviously, Ingram is not ready to be the 2nd string TE in the NFL right now. And, I guess the Eagles are not very confident that his injuries will ever heal 100%. It is just a shame, because some guys do recover from serious injuries in college to have outstanding NFL careers (i.e. Keith Byars comes to mind immediately).

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
              Before his major college injury, Ingram was a John Mackey candidate and a potential future 1st rounder going into his senior season. The kid was a physical specimen and had a ton of potential.
              All true. It's also true that guys like this appear in every draft and plenty of them, even most of them, don't pan out. Heck, plenty of actual first and second round picks don't pan out. I never saw anything meaningful from Ingram to tell me he was some great lost talent. It was training camp hype and nothing more.

Comment

Concur that Ingraham just isn'y an NFL player. Maybe it is the injury (it probably is) and maybe he will make a comeback but the bottom line right now is he is a guy with great potential for an NFL career that has a bad knee. That bad knee is going to keep him from having a great NFL career.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Welp, the legend continues to grow. Cornelius Ingram has been signed to the practice squad.

Comment

Working...
                  X