X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly reporters mix it up

Philly reporters mix it up

Posted by Mike Florio on September 28, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
    On Tuesday, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News got into a Twitter-style pissing match, as chronicled by the folks at CrossingBroad.com.
    On Wednesday, the dispute took on a new dimension, with Bowen and McLane getting into a physical altercation at the team’s facility.
    Howard Eskin of NBC 10 and WIP reports via Twitter that Bowen “connect[ed] 2 the head” of McLane, and that the two had to be separated. The pair had to be separated.
    We’ve had minor scuffles with each guy in the past (actually, all three — even though Howard is now a friend of PFT), but we can’t imagine verbal/written spats ever taking on a physical component. Whoever made the first move needs to be fired.

god I hate PFT.

I heard about this spat on 97.5 and the whole thing is ridiculous. Good to know the philly media is holding high standards. Almost as high as Mike Florio's.

Comment

I think Bowen was taunting McLane about me dropping McLane from my cell phone twitter feed. Next thing you know things got a little heated.

I was just getting too many text messages throughout the day, and Bowen is just much more witty than McLane, so Bowen won. I can see how that might piss McLane off, but if you want my twitter love, you have to crack a funny joke every now and then. That's just the way I roll.

Comment

Working...
      X