Is Foles proving he belongs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Foles proving he belongs?

My answer would be; yes. He has NFL caliber QB tools.
    Last edited by BowieBirdFan; 12-03-2012, 12:02 AM. Reason: spelling

IMO, with a healthy OL he may be quite productive. He looked pretty good tonight, overall. Hiccups were to be expected.

Comment

Foles is improving. I thought vs. Carolina, the coaches game plan hurt him a little and the non QB sneak on 4th and 1. He didn't touch the ball the last 10 minutes of the game due to turnovers. He now hasn't turned it over in the last 2 games, and the defense has lost the game. An average defense and we are 2-0 in the last two. Five time tonight the Eagles scored and the defense gave points right back. Think of Foles game in Washington and this and it was night and day.

Comment

Foles can play. He's smart and can already read a defense better than Vick. He threw many nice passes tonight along with several very inaccurate stinkers. Big surprise. Unless he shows some real problems in the next 4 games, a QB should not be drafted high next year.

If Foles doesn't start the last 4 games, AR should be shot!

Comment

Foles proved without a doubt that he can be a productive QB in the NFL - given time to throw the ball. Granted he made several mistakes last night. However, he didn't get rattled. He often found his check-down receiver after going through his progressions. And, I particularly liked the way he faced the bullet in the barrel and delivered the ball to Celek over the middle.

I really don't care if Vick starts the rest of the season. Foles made his point last night - he belongs. Let Vick come back and take the abuse - the season is a lost cause anyway. We can start to build around Foles in the offseason.
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Either the OL played a lot better, or Foles and Brown made them look a lot better. There was many a time when a Dallas player was bearing down on Foles and I felt like he would not take a sack. In some of these situations he made a play by hitting his check-down ... and as already mentioned threw a strike to Celek on one play. Foles threw a couple of stinkers, but his ball overall looked a lot better. I think we have something. Is he a franchise quarterback? Hard to tell, but he can be productive in the league.
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Encouraging, but let's face it. Dallas played some piss poor defense too along with also having some key guys out. Foles biggest problem is still staring down receivers. He's got to get by that.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I thought he looked really good. Sure, like a lot are saying, he had some mistakes, but the stuff he's doing is correctable.

It's also nice to see what happens when you commit to the run. It slows up the pass rush. Why it took em to week 12 to figure it out, I dont know...lol...
                Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

That is just where I am in my evaluation at this point. I don't know, or think that Foles will ever be an elite QB in the league, and probably not a "franchise" guy, but he looks like a QB that belongs in this league. It's not too big for him. Unlike what we watched with Kafka and Kolb. Physically and mentally, Foles looks to have "it". Just have to pair him with a decent ground game and some semblence of a defense.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post

I really don't care if Vick starts the rest of the season. Foles made his point last night - he belongs. Let Vick come back and take the abuse - the season is a lost cause anyway. We can start to build around Foles in the offseason.
                    If Vick starts I'm out. Foles can certainly benefit from the experience especially of given a proper gameplan like last night.

Comment

I'm thinking Foles can stick but it's early. I know people don't want to put any praise on MM & Reid but they can evaluate QBs. They drafted him in the 3rd round which aside from Kolb is as high as they will draft a QB in this day & age which says a lot about what they think of him. Heck - I still think Kolb would be productive here and Foles has a lot better arm. You would need a great QB coach to make this right though. (cough-Jim Caldwell-cough).

Comment

I think he looks like he can play at this level. He had a pretty good game last night.

I also find it somewhat ironic that after 14 + years, Andy might finally have the QB to run Air Reid the way he's always envisioned it. And, he's not going to be here to see it come to fruition. Kinda like Moses and the promised land.

Comment

Don't really know about Foles. It's way too early to tell, and Carolina and Dallas both suck. We just happen to be worse than they are.

We also had high hopes for guys like Bobby Hoying and Kevin Kolb, and former coach Ray Rhodes thought that Ty Detmer would be a solid starter.

I suppose I'd rather see Vick under center, but only to increase his trade value. And if that's a no-go because of his contract, then keep Foles in there to gt experience.
                          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

You aren't trading Vick. He makes $16.5MM next year. Nobody is going to take on that salary. Foles should keep playing and Lurie/Roseman have to dictate that to Reid right this minute if it hasn't already been handed down.

Comment

It's rather sad about Vick. I was as rough on him when we signed him as anyone. I hated the guy. Thought he was scum and a detestable human being. Over teh course of the last couple of years, I have turned around on Vick, the person, for sure. He has been a model citizen and representative for this franchise. He has also impressed me with his desire, and his toughness. However he has one fatal flaw that cannot be overcome, and that is his lack of intelligence. I'm sad it didn't work out. Sorry for me, my team, and also for Mike himself, because I have no doubt that he tried his hardest.

I won't bash MV on his way out the door, because I have respect for him, but it's time for him to go. I don't think I would even want him back as a back up with a modified contract. Crazy how this roller coaster has run.........
                              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                              X