No announcement yet.

Is Foles proving he belongs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree FRESH. He's been a good soldier. I'm sure he will open up quite a bit once he's gone. There is a cavalcade of poor choices from Reid that has led to his demise. The Juan Castillo experiment failed. The Jim Washburn experiment failed. Hanging his hat on Michael Vick failed. The minute Andy began to take the short term view rather than the long view is when things began to unravel and I'd suggest this change occurred 3 to 4 seasons ago.

Comment

Foles has to start the rest of the year and he will go into next season as the starter unless he looks like an absolute disaster the rest of the way.

The games I want to evaluate him on is at the Giants and at the Bucs. Both have a good pass rush and pass defenses. We aren't going to learn much from the Bengals and the Skins games but if Foles looks OK against the Bucs and Giants then I'm all in.

there are no QBs worthy of a top 5 pick IMO and we have other holes to fill so unless Foles dies or looks like Koy Detmer he has to start this year and next.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Last night was a big step. You hope that his confidence builds as he learns and improves and then can produce against the better teams.

It also helps when the play calling is more balanced.
        www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Before yesterday I would have said no to Foles however he showed a ton last night. Having a running game makes a difference but the next coach will run more than Air Reid has. So I like what I have seen, lets see what Foles can do now that he is the starter the rest of the year
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

You can't throw Foles' whole evaluation into the giants and bucs games. He is still playing behind a 2d/3rd string line. Those will defintely be telling games but he is still a rookie. They have done a nice job mixing in the run but I can easily see them outsmarting themselves sometime this season and having him drop back 56 times. If that happens and he gets spanked it is on the coach.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Working...
            X